Question: Your thoughts on Florida vs Georgia

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I am betting Auburn is watching this game and not looking forward to UGA game, with them playing like this.
Auburn has a nasty d line. No way UGA runs this much on them. The UGA QB only has 6 pass attempts right now. I think AU probably likes their chances.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Auburn has a nasty d line. No way UGA runs this much on them. The UGA QB only has 6 pass attempts right now. I think AU probably likes their chances.
I think UGA probably wins, but we will find out more about both teams' toughness in the trenches in that game. I look forward to watching that one.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I think UGA probably wins, but we will find out more about both teams' toughness in the trenches in that game. I look forward to watching that one.
I'll take AU in this one. They will take the run game away and make a the freshman QB beat them (which won't happen.)

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I'll take AU in this one. They will take the run game away and make a the freshman QB beat them (which won't happen.)
I think UGA won't have to score much because their defense will give AU's offense fits. UGA will use play action and screens to keep AU's defense honest and will score enough to get the road win.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I think UGA won't have to score much because their defense will give AU's offense fits. UGA will use play action and screens to keep AU's defense honest and will score enough to get the road win.
IMO AU has way more balance on offense. I just don't trust the Fr QB for UGA to beat AU with play action and screen passes. If AU shuts down the run game with their front 7 play action will be worthless.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
To quote oleDandy Don Meredith from old monday night football, Turn out the lights, the party is over bahahahahaha

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
IMO AU has way more balance on offense. I just don't trust the Fr QB for UGA to beat AU with play action and screen passes. If AU shuts down the run game with their front 7 play action will be worthless.
That's a big "if" though. Before today UGA was averaging 283 ypg rushing.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Well......maybe.......

UGA rushed for 203 yards and only threw 12 passes against Miss State, who (subtracting the UGA game) only gives up 112 ypg rushing (and is slightly though insignificantly ahead of Auburn in rush defense).

On the flip side, Auburn did VERY WELL against Clemson, holding their 220 ypg offense to under 100. And while Miss St did have 194 rushing yards, that was well below their average.

I seriously think Auburn-UGA might be the game of the year thus far, maybe something alongside the Penn St-Ohio St game yesterday.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yeah. Go back and look at their schedule and come back to talk to me about that.
Same could be said about Auburn, though....

Notre Dame gives up 106 yards per game (minus UGA) and UGA got 185.

UGA beat Miss St by 28 at home, Auburn by 39 (the week after UGA beat the Dawgs)
UGA beat Mizzou by 25, Auburn by 37

And Auburn barely beat Mercer and then lost to an LSU team that somehow lost to Troy.

The only difference in the schedule (really) is that UGA played Notre Dame and Auburn played Clemson. That may not be a substantial difference at the end.

So this argument just doesn't prove anything.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.