Link: USC broadcaster wants Kiffin to TN...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Bill, you said 1/2 of Tidefans posters could do a better job than Botch, besides you, me, Cajun, seebell and KrAzY name the others. :wink:
Tide-HSV
81usa92
jthomas666
crimsonaudio

That's just off the top of my receding hairline.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I wouldn't mind seeing Kiffin return to UT. I have no faith the guy can stay out of the ditch for very long. I don't want to see UT hire Brohm, as I think that guy can coach.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I wouldn't mind seeing Kiffin return to UT. I have no faith the guy can stay out of the ditch for very long. I don't want to see UT hire Brohm, as I think that guy can coach.
Doesn’t matter if a guy can coach at Tennessee, it only matters if he can recruit nationally.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Looks like Kiffin will be much in demand after the final shots by the Firing Squads. Tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Sis, Florida ect...
OUGHT TO BE INTERESTING.

Last edited:

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
I honestly don't give a spit.

Lane Kiffin has remade his image as an offensive guru MOSTLY due to a bunch of NOTs increasing our PPG. Once again, the common sensical part of me will never understand why people look at very successful coordinators who have flopped as head coaches and then again succeeded as coordinators.....how they suddenly think they can be head coaches.

Yeah, he's better than Dooley or Botch but hell, 1/2 of the Tidefans posters could get better results as head coaches than Botch Jones has. I mean, that's kinda the definition of being danged by faint praise.

Saying Kiffin is better than them is about like saying a date with a blind deaf mute is better than a date with a dead person (Jeffrey Dahmer would like to rebut that point).

But I'm with Gray, the only way Kiffin ever sees the inside of Neyland again as head coach is if he takes his team up there for a road game.
Damn but you're a hard man Selma. Still, I have to agree at least in part, I simply don't believe that Kiffin has the self-discipline to be a successful head coach, but I do believe he is an effective OC, with considerable room to further improve. Improve as a head coach? Not so much....

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.