Setting the Bar for Recruiting in the SEC ( and nationally ? )

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
With the success that Alabama, through CNS and his staffs over the past 10 years, has achieved in both recruiting and on field performance, there can`t be much debate that we`ve set the bar. To date, everyone, certainly in the SEC, has been chasing us. I think it`s an interesting point to ponder upon as to whether or not there is a serious challenge currently being crafted in Athens, GA. Is there any doubt that UGA will no longer play like a Mark Richt team ? As a protégé, are we witnessing CNS` eventual replacement as the preeminent coach in the SEC, if not nationally?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Pump the brakes there. He hasn't even won a conference championship yet. He needs a couple of national championships to even start this conversation. Remember, Miles was a recruiting MONSTER and built some great teams, but no one has ever described him as "preeminent".

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Pump the brakes there. He hasn't even won a conference championship yet. He needs a couple of national championships to even start this conversation. Remember, Miles was a recruiting MONSTER and built some great teams, but no one has ever described him as "preeminent".
Just posing the question, B1G. I have no idea if CKS is the second coming of CNS. I do know this, though. He`s at the very least very proficient in the one key attribute that`s needed. That, of course, is recruiting. He proved that with us, IMO

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Georgia is a sleeping giant because of the recruiting base in the state. Richt woke it to a certain extent when he first arrived and had initial success but leveled out considerably. We are seeing Kirby do the same thing so far but it is way too early. I want to see what a Smart coached team does at Auburn before I can tell what that team really is since the east is such a weak side of the conference. Nah, it is way too early to consider CKS any kind of heir apparent. Sustaining success is the key and only a handful of coaches possess that quality currently.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The question for CKS will be when he faces the adversity that's going to come. Some player issue, or unexpected loss, etc.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
O some success. Building a program is a lot easier than sustaining one over time.
That is one of the big reasons I never thought Saban would leave. He was known as a builder of programs but never a sustainer. He wanted to prove he could build and sustain at a high level. Now I know that’s not the main reason he stayed but it did contribute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.