Jim McElwain Terminated by Florida

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Re: Florida boosters are discussing buyout for Mac

I am not saying there is no truth to this, but who in the hell is Darren Heitner? I am a big fan of Coach McIlwain and in all honestly he should take a buyout if offered for the right amount. As many have mentioned he is a west coast guy and I am sure with his financial future secured, he could find a job at a program with a lot less pressure on him and his family. Sometimes I really hate college football.
Why hate football, not all are cut out to be a had coach. Many OC's and DC's that were reat as coordinators just do not have the ability to be a head coach. Like any job in any field not all are cut out to be leaders. How is that footballs fault. Maybe more people need to know their ceiling, and accept that a HC job is not for everyone. Maybe they should know their limits and stick to what they are good at. Not like he was not well compensated for his promotion. NO other job pays like that and pays to fire you. No other profession pays for failure like sports.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com

I don't dislike CJM. I think he is sort of weird, and is an average coach that used 3-4 years of luck to win championships in a Very weak SEC East.
I do think he deserves to get another year to see what he can do without the injuries and suspensions.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

They are passing colection plates in the UF stands to raise money for Mac's buyout.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

If this game keeps going like this, discussion is over, and transferring funds to make it happen has just begun LOL

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL

Man...just how many schools in the SEC will be looking for a new HC? Still more drama to come methinks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Not good I think.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

UF will have the death threat fiasco as a bargaining chip on the buyout but they can't walk away from CJM for free.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Georgia looks poised to be Alabama east and Florida looks like they did in the 80's. Not saying it's over with CJM, but it's not looking good.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

I think Mac will tell them after this game he will take the money and leave voluntarily, neither him nor UF are happy with this situation. I doubt MAC wants to coach there anymore. They may cut a deal both can live with. Mac does not strike me as greedy guy and he looks like he wants out. Just my take I have no inside info, just does not strike me as the kind of fella wanting to stickit to UF,and vice versa.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

This story seems to be picking up steam by the hour. This could be a PR nightmare for UF. It’s definitely in their interests to make this a mutuallly acceptable separation, but something tells me that if they can use his contract to dismiss him with cause then they will go ahead and pull the trigger without ironing out a settlement.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Clay Travis, who has been touting Gruden for the Vols, said he’d love to see the epic meltdown if UF fired Mac and snagged Gruden.

You gotta admit that would be hilarious.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.