Jim McElwain Terminated by Florida

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Florida boosters are discussing buyout for Mac

Not sure why Coach Mac would accept anything short of a full contract payout after taking them to 2 SECCGs. If FL wants a new head coach, make them pay.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I am not saying there is no truth to this, but who in the hell is Darren Heitner? I am a big fan of Coach McIlwain and in all honestly he should take a buyout if offered for the right amount. As many have mentioned he is a west coast guy and I am sure with his financial future secured, he could find a job at a program with a lot less pressure on him and his family. Sometimes I really hate college football.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I think Mullen, Kelley, and Frost are going to be the top 3 if this happens

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL

The whole business of death threats and not being willing to discuss with the administration is really strange...

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

The whole business of death threats and not being willing to discuss with the administration is really strange...

Maybe the death threats are coming from the administration, so what new information can he give them?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Not knocking you in any way 81, but just a reminder to everyone about the magic of the Internet and people who think they know stuff.....

100% Chance Nick Saban Comes To Texas

This imbecile claimed that someone had gotten it from Dr Witt that Saban was coming to UT.......it had been a done deal for eight weeks.......Saban was coming for $10M smackers and bringing some five stars....Saban not coaching the OU bowl game.....

He had TONS of specifics (more so than this other thing) and was WRONG about pretty much all of it. (The only part he got right was Mack Brown no longer coaching at Texas........and even then he didn't get the how correct).

So just remember this stuff sometimes has a life of its own.

If I'm McElwain, I make them pay every dollar.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

This is just odd though. I'm not as in love with the job he's done there overall, but this year he seems to be doing one of his better jobs. He lost a ton of his roster and he's still fielding a competitive team.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

Not sure why Coach Mac would accept anything short of a full contract payout after taking them to 2 SECCGs. If FL wants a new head coach, make them pay.
Maybe Coach Mac wants out. I doubt any of this is true, but with death threats and unreasonable expectations, Mac may look for a situation where fans would be happy with 8 wins a year, like Nebraska.:smile:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Mac may look for a situation where fans would be happy with 8 wins a year, like Nebraska.:smile:
You’re joking..... right???

If you want a program with unrealistic expectations then no one is bigger at that than Nebraska.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

I do believe at this point a fresh start for both would be in the best interest of everyone.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Maybe Coach Mac wants out. I doubt any of this is true, but with death threats and unreasonable expectations, Mac may look for a situation where fans would be happy with 8 wins a year, like Nebraska.:smile:
Blue font buddy.....or you're drinking too soon today.......

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.