Who do you predict the top 4 to be Tuesday night and the last one that matters?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Tuesday doesn’t matter at all. It’s 100% fodder for gullible fans and to give ESPiN something to prattle about on their talk shows.

The only poll that matters, of course, is the one ESPiN tells the “Double Secret Committee” to issue after the conf championships are decided.

As things stand tonight, and barring any further major upsets at the top of the polls (which probably Will happen to at least some of these teams) here’s what the P_ayoff _racket is shaping up to be:

1-4 (in no particular order)
Alabama-UGa winner
Neuter Damned
B1G-Ego champion
ACC champ

(Note: each of the above must have 1 or no losses. Any that have 2 losses drop out and ESPiN goes to the following (again, if one or no loss):
5. One loss B-12 champ (Ou, TCu or OkSt)
6. One loss PAC 12 champ (Wash or WSU).

-No two loss teams unless there aren’t 4 left in P-5 with 0 or 1 loss.
-No “group of 5” team this year.
-ZERO chance of two from any one conf, and ESPECIALLY not the SEC, unless there aren’t 4 with 0 or 1 loss from the above list of 6.
-As always, seeding decided by projected TV ratings. Alabama will have to be seeded #1 if we are 13-0. But ALL other possible P_ayoff teams can be moved around be ESPiN (i.e. the Committee) to set up the games they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
UGA -- win over ND looks really good.
UA -- few quality wins though have been dominating.
OSU -- they're back!!
ND -- prestige...though they should stumble. Highly motivated after last year's debacle.

Waiting for someone to stumble....
CU
UW

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. OSU
4. Penn State
5. Notre Dame
6 Clemson

This "Double Conference Team" will generate more talk than ever. Can you imagine the whining?

Final, Bama, OSU, Notre Dame and Clemson.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My guess:

Alabama
Georgia
Notre Dame
Clemson or Ohio State

My guess as to how it will play out:

Alabama
Ohio State
Notre Dame
Washington

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
There is zero chance UGA is over Bama next week. That's not controversy. That would make them look completely biased. They will put Bama 1st. Then UGA. Then Wisconsin. Then Miami.

All Power 5, all undefeated.

No need to draw negative attention to themselves this early.

1. Bama
2. UGA
3. Wisconsin.
4. Miami

5. TOSU
6. Notre Dame
7. Clemson
8. Penn State

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The latter ... Clemson or Miami.

I am feeling Clemson now. Unless they blow another one.

Tonight they either blow it out or play flat. Either way they beat GT tonight.
Clemson will annihilate Miami. Miami is the 2012 ND team. Barely beating nobody and will get waxed when they play the first legit team. Thankfully they have to play in a conf. championship game before the playoffs. ND will likely get a spot. They actually look like a real team this year and the PAC 12 is sooooo awful they’ll rightfully get left out.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I got

1. Bama
2. UGA
3. Whisky
4. ND

Had Penn St. won I guarantee that the committee would have put them 1 and Bama 2

Honestly I was hoping for that because it would have lit another fire under our guys.

They could actually get by putting UGA there too with what ND has done! That’d be AWESOME!!!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Clemson will annihilate Miami. Miami is the 2012 ND team. Barely beating nobody and will get waxed when they play the first legit team. Thankfully they have to play in a conf. championship game before the playoffs. ND will likely get a spot. They actually look like a real team this year and the PAC 12 is sooooo awful they’ll rightfully get left out.

I agree, but I also think that NCSt will beat Clemson and wreck the whole show for the ACC.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
There is zero chance UGA is over Bama next week. That's not controversy. That would make them look completely biased. They will put Bama 1st. Then UGA. Then Wisconsin. Then Miami.

All Power 5, all undefeated.

No need to draw negative attention to themselves this early.

1. Bama
2. UGA
3. Wisconsin.
4. Miami

5. TOSU
6. Notre Dame
7. Clemson
8. Penn State
I think it would make them look smart. They have a better resume. Plus it would help us with the "rat poison".

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think it would make them look smart. They have a better resume. Plus it would help us with the "rat poison".
I agree - trying to look at this without bias, GA deserves the #1 ranking right now if looking at resumes only. And everyone, including the members of the committee, knows that this will sort itself out. But I think that most expect Alabama to beat GA. So, does current resume trump "better team", better team meaning the team that you expect would win if they played?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think UGA has a better resume right now, and I honestly hope the CFP committee puts them there. I want Bama feeling disrespected the rest of the way...

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I agree - trying to look at this without bias, GA deserves the #1 ranking right now if looking at resumes only. And everyone, including the members of the committee, knows that this will sort itself out. But I think that most expect Alabama to beat GA. So, does current resume trump "better team", better team meaning the team that you expect would win if they played?
It would put the #1 Monkey squarely on GA’s back....no longer could they say we’re the hunter. Us being below #1 would light a fire under our guys.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
It would put the #1 Monkey squarely on GA’s back....no longer could they say we’re the hunter. Us being below #1 would light a fire under our guys.

This...and if Bama does come out of the shoot in that number 2 spot look for an embarrassing loss for O next weekend.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
On Tuesday:

1. UGA
2. Alabama
3. Clemson
4. Notre Dame

End of season:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. UGA
4. Ohio State

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
1) Bama
2) UGA
3) ND (as I throw up in my mouth a little bit)
4) Ohio State or Clemson (that OU home loss should hurt OSU more than it will)

I hope that they put UGA number 1 and give us a little extra motivation.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
The polls we all grew up with rank teams according to who is perceived to be the best team. The new playoff rankings ranks teams based on their body of work. If the committee is honest and not playing games they have to rank UGA #1.

Nick Saban would endorse that ranking.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I hope we are number two or even three or four on Tuesday night. I think that would really make the guys feel disrespected and we have seen how well they play when they feel that way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.