4* WR Jacob Copeland Updates (Florida)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: 4* WR Jacob Copeland Updates (Announcing 12 p.m. hour on ESPN2)

Well, that was one of the more awkward announcements we've seen in a while.
I'll have to watch the clip when I get home. Was it more awkward than what happened with Landon's mom when he committed?

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Hate that his mom walked out. Didn’t make Bama look good. Hope he does well. It was weird that mostly Bama and 1 TN person. No UF people there.

JT4UA

Scout Team
May 13, 2008
Ball Ground, GA

COpeland's mom was definitely not happy with that. She got up and walked away from the table.
Yeah I couldn't believe that! What a trash move by his mother. I understand he didn't pick the school that you wanted but still support him as he is getting a full paid scholarship to an SEC school. Imagine how that kid feels after that happening on live tv for the nation to see.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Gilmore, how bout your overly conservative "every 4th down you should punt or take the points" behind not throw the mom under the bus on television? She wasn't making it about her. She probably legitimately distraught he made a terrible decision for himself because he did. Florida is such a hot mess on offense right now that he may have cost himself an NFL payday due to being part of the group that pays it forward for Mullen's regime.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Rod Gilmore (of ESPN) " Parents....this is not about you."

Props to Jacob for handling the situation in a calm fashion.

That was sad....

BTW...who wears a Bama sweatshirt and a 10RC beanie cap? :rolleyes:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

That was sad....

This is why some are saying she was acting. A few UA shirts in the group along with the guy in the UT jacket = setup.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

Some people in Florida who followed his recruiting are saying there's a really big back story to this...I don't know the details but apparently it was Bama until up last minute.TFWIW

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

This is why some are saying she was acting. A few UA shirts in the group along with the guy in the UT jacket = setup.
Why though did she get up and leave? Acting is one thing but looked like she abandoned him because of his choice.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I really hate it when they decide at the last minute.. embarrassing situation for all people involved.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn

Agree with Gilmore 100%. Probably the best thing for this young man is to get on campus where people will support and believe in him. Props to the man(don't know relationship) who immediately sat down next to him to support him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Why though did she get up and leave? Acting is one thing but looked like she abandoned him because of his choice.
Because she was acting. Trying to be like Landon Collins' mom.

JT4UA

Scout Team
May 13, 2008
Ball Ground, GA

Was it Landon Collins like?
Oh even worse than Landon Collins like. The entire thing was so weird. People were wearing UT and Bama gear but no UF gear so I figured that was a dead give away. After he put on the UF hat his Mom got right up from beside him and walked straight off the tv and never said a word. He was sitting there and the ESPN guys were asking him who that was that got up and he said "My Momma". She for sure isn't happy about that decision. That decision was made at the table if I had my guess.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I don't think she really abandoned him... It seems like the family made a decision together last night and he changed his mind without telling anyone... If I was her, I would've walked out.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

They'll support and believe in him if he produces. Lets be real. Fans and schools are fickle. Probably should listen to mama not to pretty girls you saw on official visits.

JT4UA

Scout Team
May 13, 2008
Ball Ground, GA

That was sad....

Ha my exact thoughts!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.