4* WR Jacob Copeland Updates (Florida)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 4* WR Jacob Copeland Updates (Announcing 12 p.m. hour on ESPN2)

To recap -

Copeland wore a red sportcoat and red bowtie.
Members of his group wore UA and/or UT apparel.
His mom wore both and got up when he announced for Florida.
No one in said group seemed stunned when he announced Florida.
Mom grabs her purse and walks off in "disgust."

This was a weak attempt at getting attention, but the rest of NSD has been boring, which is causing the media to go wild over it.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

I don't think there was any acting going on, seems pretty obvious that the family thought, for whatever reason, that we was going to Bama. The girl standing behind him let out a gasp and covered her mouth, they were shocked. I think 1 of 2 things just happened. 1) He changed his mind at the table, as simple as that or 2) He lead his family to believe he was picking Bama because he thought it would be funny to all be wearing Crimson gear and grab the UF hat.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

Oh, man. It wasn't just the mother. The woman in the left was stunned and the girl behind looked ready to cry.

I feel like the announcer was kind of a jerk. He could have just asked why the chose FL and whether it was a last minute decision based on the surprised reactions. instead he insisted on being told who walked away and then he asked the kid to speculate on why. If anyone made it about the mother it was the announcer.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I don't think there was any acting going on, seems pretty obvious that the family thought, for whatever reason, that we was going to Bama. The girl standing behind him let out a gasp and covered her mouth, they were shocked. I think 1 of 2 things just happened. 1) He changed his mind at the table, as simple as that or 2) He lead his family to believe he was picking Bama because he thought it would be funny to all be wearing Crimson gear and grab the UF hat.
Then why wear UT gear?

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

To recap -

Copeland wore a red sportcoat and red bowtie.
Members of his group wore UA and/or UT apparel.
His mom wore both and got up when he announced for Florida.
No one in said group seemed stunned when he announced Florida.
Mom grabs her purse and walks off in "disgust."

This was a weak attempt at getting attention, but the rest of NSD has been boring, which is causing the media to go wild over it.
I disagree, watch it again. The girl standing behind lets out a gasp and grabs her mouth, everyone else eyes looked shocked IMO.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Yeah, I agree. I don't think it was a set up. It's possibility that mom was trying to show support for two schools that she's okay with....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Oh, man. It wasn't just the mother. The woman in the left was stunned and the girl behind looked ready to cry.

I feel like the announcer was kind of a jerk. He could have just asked why the chose FL and whether it was a last minute decision based on the surprised reactions. instead he insisted on being told who walked away and then he asked the kid to speculate on why. If anyone made it about the mother it was the announcer.
Yeah...the ESPN guy sorta put Jacob on the spot there. But he handled it very well, to his credit.

I don't know what to think but I'm sure more will come out in the coming hours/days.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.