4* WR Jacob Copeland Updates (Florida)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I wish him well. I made a status about Copeland and Folks jumped in and defended Copeland... and criticized mama and not know the whole story behind it.

I hope he made the right decision because if he didn't qualify, then everything he went through .... *shrug*

If he had picked UA or Tennessee, do anyone think he would'v qualify?

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Re: 4* WR Jacob Copeland Updates (Announcing 12 p.m. hour on ESPN2)

Then why wear UT gear?
Some more possible info on the UT and Bama gear combo. From what I gather, the family was pushing him out of state , either TN or Bama due to.him possibly having had trouble with his surroundings in the past? Either way, rather it's legit or fake, I think we dodged one here

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 4* WR Jacob Copeland Updates (Announcing 12 p.m. hour on ESPN2)

Some more possible info on the UT and Bama gear combo. From what I gather, the family was pushing him out of state , either TN or Bama due to.him possibly having had trouble with his surroundings in the past? Either way, rather it's legit or fake, I think we dodged one here
Have heard something similar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
If I was her, I would've walked out.
You got kids?

She should be ashamed at her actions. That was totally embarrassing and she acted like a spoiled brat. Then to top things off the idiot announcer decided he would get in on the action by prying into the whole deal wanting to know who she was and why she done it.

I don't care what his choice was, you are suppose to support your child, not hang them out to dry on one of the biggest days of their lives. I could understand if he was just caught shoplifting but he is announcing a full ride to the college of his dreams and the Mother/Announcer just stomped on his dream. Sad...

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
You got kids?

She should be ashamed at her actions. That was totally embarrassing and she acted like a spoiled brat. Then to top things off the idiot announcer decided he would get in on the action by prying into the whole deal wanting to know who she was and why she done it.

I don't care what his choice was, you are suppose to support your child, not hang them out to dry on one of the biggest days of their lives. I could understand if he was just caught shoplifting but he is announcing a full ride to the college of his dreams and the Mother/Announcer just stomped on his dream. Sad...
Sounds like she had all the reason in the world to want him out of state or maybe just not UF. He obviously assured her it would not be UF. Given recent track record at UF with widespread disciplinary issues I can understand the hesitation. Hopefully Mullen can straighten all of that out and get those young men back on track. Wish all of these guys the best... just not against the good guys

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
None of that is known right now. Until either come out and say that was the reason, we are all just guessing. If he's hanging around a rough crowd she should have had these walking out skills then, not in a ceremony that embarrasses him. That would push him more to UF than anything..

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
You got kids?

His mother had a Bama shirt on. If he lied to his mother and led her to believe that he was going to Bama then shame on him.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I think I agree about qualifying after reading all the grammatical mistakes in his tweet that HTTR just posted.
Good Lord! Has our educational system deteriorated to the point that you can graduate and not be able to communicate any better than that? That`s borderline functional illiteracy. May sound harsh, but that`s what it is.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Good Lord! Has our educational system deteriorated to the point that you can graduate and not be able to communicate any better than that? That`s borderline functional illiteracy. May sound harsh, but that`s what it is.
Yes it has....being honest..I've seen lots of these kids pages in tweets that would leave one guessing. I remember back in my day that if my English teachers heard you even use the word aint? They would take the opportunity to not only embarrass you but give you a homework assignment just to remind you. Times certainly have changed but I wish him well.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Yes it has....being honest..I've seen lots of these kids pages in tweets that would leave one guessing. I remember back in my day that if my English teachers heard you even use the word aint? They would take the opportunity to not only embarrass you but give you a homework assignment just to remind you. Times certainly have changed but I wish him well.
To be fair, some people type less formally when they are using an informal medium and are more likely to type like they talk. I doubt it is the case with all of these kids but some of them are probably capable of more formal writing.

But, agreed. Our education system is pretty awful and how good of an education you receive is mostly predicated on where you live. You can't be guaranteed a good quality of education in all areas of the country or even all areas of any one state.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
So what some of you guys are saying is we might be watching on 2nd Chance U on Netflix here in the next couple of years?

And I agree that mom should have supported his decision, even if it wasn't what she wanted for him. I seem to remember Landon Collins' mom not being too happy when he chose Bama over LSU, but I think she was pretty satisfied with it all by the time he was done.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
You still don’t act in that manner. Some things are better left behind doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
Her reaction was on the spur of the moment. His actions were planned out. I have more of a problem with the latter.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
To be fair, some people type less formally when they are using an informal medium and are more likely to type like they talk. I doubt it is the case with all of these kids but some of them are probably capable of more formal writing.

But, agreed. Our education system is pretty awful and how good of an education you receive is mostly predicated on where you live. You can't be guaranteed a good quality of education in all areas of the country or even all areas of any one state.
Well I think as far as economically speaking, some counties are limited in budget of course but I think whether said particular student thrives or not in any circumstances regulated to school activities is totally dependent on that student and their goals. Without jumping too far off topic here, I've seen great kids come from bad environments and rise above and vice versa. I'm really glad my teachers and coaches were hard nosed old school. I didn't realize it then, but I do now. This...coming from someone who attended one of the poorest educationally funded school systems I the state. But what that did is make our school staff strive harder in the classroom to cover the technological advances our county couldn't cover.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
You got kids?

She is obviously a drama queen. I bet she really shows out at funerals...:rolleyes:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.