Health insurance question

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
So as y’all may know I quit my job to focus on nursing school. Well of course with no income, it’s hard to pay the nearly $500 a month health insurance premium. I thought my premium would go down if I was a full-time student and with little income, I thought for sure it would go down. The only income I’ll have next year (unless something happens with my schooling) is my mutual fund interest and the interest I get from my savings account at the bank.

I just went to the healthcare marketplace, and entered my info. I won’t get any discount. What am I suppose to do? I just got a letter last week from BCBS that my premium was going up yet again.

If I enter that I’ll make $15,000 next year, I get a big cut, but anything less than that I don’t get relief. I obviously can’t put that amount on there because when I don’t have any income when I file my taxes next year, I’ll have to pay all that back.

:conf2:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
So as y’all may know I quit my job to focus on nursing school. Well of course with no income, it’s hard to pay the nearly $500 a month health insurance premium. I thought my premium would go down if I was a full-time student and with little income, I thought for sure it would go down. The only income I’ll have next year (unless something happens with my schooling) is my mutual fund interest and the interest I get from my savings account at the bank.

I just went to the healthcare marketplace, and entered my info. I won’t get any discount. What am I suppose to do? I just got a letter last week from BCBS that my premium was going up yet again.

If I enter that I’ll make $15,000 next year, I get a big cut, but anything less than that I don’t get relief. I obviously can’t put that amount on there because when I don’t have any income when I file my taxes next year, I’ll have to pay all that back.

check with the Nursing school. Alabama had (has?) a clinic that took care of all my medical needs while in school, perhaps your school has a plan

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

I wish I had a better answer, but in Alabama you're screwed. Alabama did not expand medicaid and you (ironically) don't make enough to qualify for subsidies, assuming they remain. May not be helpful to you, but about the only thing to do other than panhandle or work extra (thereby cutting into school time) is to move to another state where you could get coverage.

Sorry I don't have a better answer.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Well that really sucks. And I can’t do without insurance because I have to have twice a year screenings for the breast cancer mutation gene. I’m sure most won’t cover those.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
check with the Nursing school. Alabama had (has?) a clinic that took care of all my medical needs while in school, perhaps your school has a plan
Who would I contact about that? I’m assuming they don’t as I haven’t heard anything about one, but it will be good to ask to make sure.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Actually, no Republican voted for this mess that is Obamacare.
um, duh?

But the state of Alabama GOP refused the Medicare Expansion which would have benefited Jessica directly so therefor the Republicans did this to her and it would be against her own interests to vote for them

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
um, duh?

But the state of Alabama GOP refused the Medicare Expansion which would have benefited Jessica directly so therefor the Republicans did this to her and it would be against her own interests to vote for them
Yes, all based on a flawed design and flawed process led by the Dems.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.