States cracking down on fake service animals

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
So this is you...:)

Yes.
I wanted to go over to Mama Frenchwoman, grab her by the ear and drag her to her sons and tell her, "For the love of God and your own body, would you PLEASE pay attention to what your little Frog-things are saying and stop ignoring them?"

Fortunately, my diplomatic tendencies prevailed.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Three things I've learned that I didn't know before:
1. Jon builds Halloween projects at Home Depot (can you build one at my house?)
2. Tidewater has diplomatic tendencies
3. There are "nicer" Thai restaurants

The dog thing is getting coo-coo. Walt Disney World just implemented a dog friendly policy at some resort hotels where guests can pay $50 and keep 2 dogs in their rooms (this is for dogs as pets, separate from service dog allowances).

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Three things I've learned that I didn't know before:
1. Jon builds Halloween projects at Home Depot (can you build one at my house?)
2. Tidewater has diplomatic tendencies
3. There are "nicer" Thai restaurants

The dog thing is getting coo-coo. Walt Disney World just implemented a dog friendly policy at some resort hotels where guests can pay $50 and keep 2 dogs in their rooms (this is for dogs as pets, separate from service dog allowances).
We do a haunted house every year at our house this years house includes a lazer vortex and a a drop panel. I was buying lumber for the drop panel

and yeah, there are all manor of Thai places. Place were dad was bit is a mom and pop casual Thai. Where I heard the kids being loud is a five star white linen place that is 3X the cost. This is Atlanta, I have casual Thai, Fast Food Thai, Cheap Thai and 5 star Thai all nearby

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Man, I hope he sent the dog owners the bill. What an awful thing to inflict of fellow patrons.

For my own part, I'd rather the state crack down on patrons that bring poorly-heeled children into a restaurant. I went to France for lunch Saturday. Sat down, ordered a pizza. Then comes in a family of four. Two boys probably four and six. These little French brats, whenever they were not shoving something into their mouths were screaming, "Mom. Mom! MOM! MOM! MOM!" And mama and papa were chatting away with the waiter, blissfully able to ignore their brats, even though no one else in the establishment was able to ignore them. I was wishing I had a cattle prod on me and I even considered speaking German to them (nothing scares a Frenchman like a German).
You've hit on a major pet peeve of mine: bratty children in public, especially at places like restaurants where I have invested time and money for relaxation and enjoyment. I have, on more than one occasion, told the moron parents that no one is entertained by their brats and that they had better get their devil spawn under control.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
We do a haunted house every year at our house this years house includes a lazer vortex and a a drop panel. I was buying lumber for the drop panel

and yeah, there are all manor of Thai places. Place were dad was bit is a mom and pop casual Thai. Where I heard the kids being loud is a five star white linen place that is 3X the cost. This is Atlanta, I have casual Thai, Fast Food Thai, Cheap Thai and 5 star Thai all nearby
that is one of the few drawbacks of living on the southside. there are only a couple of thai options close by, and they are not that great

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
You've hit on a major pet peeve of mine: bratty children in public, especially at places like restaurants where I have invested time and money for relaxation and enjoyment. I have, on more than one occasion, told the moron parents that no one is entertained by their brats and that they had better get their devil spawn under control.
One thing I have noticed is that some parents (Brasilians especially) will keep their kids out shopping way too long. After a certain point, young children start to get tired from standing around and then they act up. One of my good friends would head home with her daughter after about 30 to 45 minutes because she knew that was the child's endurance.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
that is one of the few drawbacks of living on the southside. there are only a couple of thai options close by, and they are not that great
yeah but you get great BBQ (This is It) and I hear Homegrowns Comfy Chicken is something I got to get to and that is really close to you I believe

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Somebody once posted on my community Facebook page asking about an apartment that took pets. One guy (who was a bit of an animal rights nut and rather obnoxious) said she should tell the landlord it was a companion animal and by law they couldn't question her or ask for proof.

Another person said "So you are saying she should lie". Then the animal person got super ticked off for saying he had told her to lie. (Which he clearly did. The OP had never said it was anything but a pet). He practically threatened legal action for the other guy saying that.

I get some people do have issues and have to have a certain pet. But if I read that as a property owner, I'm going to be suspicious of anybody that comes in with a service or companion animal.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
This is a little off the subject above but shows another example of what people do to get attention or benefits. Check out You Tube and query "stolen valor". Some are hilarious and some are just infuriating, all for discounts or attention.

There are a few that are a little left of plumb.

ETA: Caution - some contain graphic language.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
yeah but you get great BBQ (This is It) and I hear Homegrowns Comfy Chicken is something I got to get to and that is really close to you I believe
yeah, there is a ton of great bbq. never heard of homegrowns, but based on the website, it looks good.

BamaInCummingGA#1

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming,GA
We don't allow electronics at the table whether eating out or at home and do not allow my daughter to get unruly at restaurants and other public places.
As for my dogs, there's a town just north of us that is very pet friendly as long as the pets are FRIENDLY. Stores have water bowls outside, for those dog owners who don't think their dogs will need water after being out in the sun and walking for a few hours, and you can purchase dog treats (mostly of a healthy variety) at a few of the stores.
If I take any of my dogs (I have 3) it's my great dane puppy. And no, it's not to show off because there are several other beautiful dogs who frequent the town square. It's to teach/train her to behave around other people and animals and still be sociable.
However, people do need to use a little common sense and know when their dog, cat, squirel, etc can't/won't behave in public and therefore leave them at home.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
On This United Airlines Flight, an Emotional Support Animal Had Its Own Emotional Support Animal

We just had a recent experience where one of the emotional support animals, wait for it, required another emotional support animal.

You see? And you thought you'd heard it all, with peacocks and other poppycock.

Munoz, though, continued:

It was a dog and a monkey. And somebody asked me earlier today, which one was supporting which and I don't know the answer.
There are a couple of other articles regarding Delta Air Lines and Southwest Airlines that are interesting as well.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
they have offered to buy him a new shirt as it was torn in the incident and offered to pay his medical bills, which is enough

The restaurant, a great little Mom and Pop Thai place near my parents has been great. They didn't want dogs on their patio but had trouble saying no, the Thai people are very accommodating, they now have a very strict no dogs policy and we are not pursuing them legally. It wasn't their fault, the fault is on the irresponsible pet owner that should not have brought an aggressive dog out in public. Again, just because you can doesn't mean you should. Now I want Thai for lunch
I’m surprised the dog wasn’t the main course at a Thai restaurant.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.