Remember when Alabama was crucified by the media and opposing fans for firing Shula?

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
We still have fans on this site that will take up for him from time to time, as he was "the only coach willing to come back to Alabama in such a time of distress." Which is another tall tale.
So true. Bama was hardly a hot job, but there were others who were interested. I've forgotten them all now. Richard Williamson was one, this was who Mal wanted from the final list of Shula, Croom and him, but others prevailed and overruled Mal's good judgment. Tom Coughlin, who I think had just been fired from Jax, stated publicly that he was interested. There were others but I don't have Selma's memory.

Another note: the Mobile Press Register did a poll of "cutthroat, unrealistic and unreasonable" Bama fans and revealed that 89% felt Shula should have been given another year. I was part of the mean 11%. I also knew that Saban had expressed interest in the job in October 2006.

As to the overall media bias, I know that it is real. Many in the media give all programs, including Bama, a fair shake; I also know that every fan base thinks its team is ignored or lied about or misunderstood, etc; and I don't believe in conspiracy theories. But from an objective view, I've seen too many proofs of genuine bias beyond what any program might experience from time to time. The one the OP pointed to is a good example. Another is when Saban was hired. Bob Stoops made between 3-3.5 mil and OU's Joe C. was praised; Charlie Weis was given a stupid 10 year contract after one year and ND was praised as "forward looking". But when CNS took a pay cut to make 3.5-4 mil, the media went ballistic. Miles Brand chose that time to say that coaches contracts were getting out of hand and something needed to be done about it. All because Bama upped the anti by less than .5 mil ~15%. (Some of these numbers may be off a little.) Since the mid 80s even in its own state, in the larger media markets, Bama has been treated unfairly and often bashed, many looking for any opportunity to promote AU over UA. There are too many instances to mention.

During the Joe Kines OSUw game, the ESPN announcers were yukking it up about how Bama should settle for Kines or maybe go for Jeff Bower, and that Bama may be the 4th best program in the state behind AU, UAB and Troy. They were having a blast. It certainly wasn't Bama fatigue. It makes you appreciate those few who showed Bama respect. Among them, ESPN's Freddy Coleman, a great guy, who continued to insist that "this is Alabama" they could get a good coach. Mel Kiper who listed everything that Bama had in place to become a power again. He also said that Bama was Saban's dream job as others were ridiculing the idea that Saban might come to Bama. Jeremy Green said that too. I will always appreciate them. I'm sure there were others, I don't remember, but respect was not the prevailing attitude in the media. Even the SEC tries to ignore Bama's dominance.

This is a long subject.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
From another angle, I think a lot of our rival fans (and sportswriters for that matter) had grown to enjoy and relish in Bama becoming an also ran...a has-been if you will. They loved the jokes and being able to rub salt in the wound at every take. Most of all, they loved seeing Bama lose 5-6 games each year.

Having said that, I think a big reason we were lambasted by the media and rivals alike is the simple fact that they knew we were finally clear of probation and that we were going to finally be attractive to a top-tier coach. They were mad that we took away their whipping boy, but they were downright livid with the hiring of CNS. Remember the backlash from Lebatard, Rome, Cowherd, etc after CNS was hired? They all knew it. Their days of kicking Bama- on the field and off- were over.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
A few things - most people did not know what was happening in the locker room at Alabama. Shula was playing favorites with his players, etc. But that was not public knowledge at the time (still isn't widely known). Add the name factor - he was a Shula, so most assumed that he would be great if given time. Now add the probation factor - Shula came to Alabama when other coaches were running in the other direction, including Fran actually leaving Alabama for aTm. Put these three things together and you can see why the general feeling was that Shula deserved more time.

You guys know better, but that is because you get to hear about the dirty laundry.
I never bought into the idea he would be a good coach because his name was Shula. I bet you know some Bengals fans who would understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
...This is a long subject.
I'll say, and could've been even longer. Just think: A single fourth-quarter comeback win - instead of that sterling 0-for-19 career mark for sonnyboy's teams when trailing after three - and we'd be in, what?, the 15th year of the Shula Era. (Hard time not muscle memory-typing "Clueless Era" as more befitting of the man...and his "moment.")

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
I remember opposing fans along with the media labeling us "irrational, entitled, unrealistic and flat out crazy" for firing Shula - a coach who delivered ONE winning season in four years... and that one winning season was underwhelming ESPECIALLY compared to today's standards set by these other programs who are changing coaches like socks.

One winning season in four years and yet...

...Florida just canned a coach who is coming off back to back SECCG appearances midway through his THIRD season. I know some will argue results wasn't the reason he was terminated but let's be honest: Florida used "death threat gate" as a reason to let him go because they were unsatisfied with his results midway through year three. Their fans have been irate all year long over this season's results.

...Aubarn fans are calling for the head of a man who's never recorded a losing season there and has also delivered a conference title and NC appearance. Not to mention these are also the same fans who ran off Dye, Bowden, Tuberville and Chizik for ONE losing season.

...Tennessee fired Fatty a year after he led them to the conference championship. Fired Dooley despite "not giving him enough time (that was the cry directed at us)" and now Butch is toast after posting back to back nine win seasons.

...LSU ran off one of their most successful coaches in history while Georgia fired a coach immediately following a ten win season.

And yet, no one is calling these fanbases and programs "irrational, unrealistic, delusional and entitled".

Whether Saban raised the bar or not, that doesn't change the fact that these hypocritical fanbases are guilty of everything they accused Bama of being in 2006. Put any team now in Bama's position under Shula and there's a great chance he wouldn't have made it to year three.

I haven't forgotten about all the hate slung our way in 2006 and to these programs who are firing coaches left and right who have posted records Bama would have killed to have under the previous administration: you're all a bunch of entitled, irrational lowlifes with highly unrealistic expectations.
Blogger Speaks Truth!!!

I also remember that Birmingham columnist Kevin Scarbinsky was very vocal with his support for retaining both Shula and Mark Gottfried. hmmm...

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Respectfully, some observations embedded in RED. (Appologies - I don't yet know how to make the prior Quotes still appear??

My goodness, I remember the media floating the notion that we were under some sort of obligation to hire "a black head coach" simply because Notre Dame hired Ty "Can't Coach Worth A Damn" Willingham. Croom was somehow 'entitled' to the job because we 'need to get with the 20th century now that it's the 21st.'

And if we had and then had to fire him, guess what?

Agreed - Armageddon. I remember being particularly dissappointed in Croom for his comments after MSU hired him, putting the UA decision off on race. It was VERY Unfair. As noted, HIRING an AA coach is hardly the problem - I'm certain Sly would have been fully embraced by the fans. Its FIRING an AA coach that's the problem, and Sly would have made a media circus out of his inevitable firing by UA.

A la Chizik 2010, McElwain has been lucky and for much the same reason. While not having a Cam Newton (and that team DID have more than just Cam), he had enough talent in place to survive close calls.

uh... Yea - BUT. Coach Mac was steadily IMPROVING the talent situation there after Muschump Destroyed UF's roster...

They had no choice with Pat Dye, he was involved in severe sanctions.Bowden was allegedly boffing Lowder's relative, they were trying to run off Tuberville as early as 2003, and Chizik was a joke who never should have been hired in the first place. (Auburn also got FAR LESS grief for hiring Chizik and his 5-19 record at Iowa St than we did for hiring Mike Shula).

I've always believed Dye's "Glorious Retirement" was part of aub's "Deal" with the NZAA to avoid any meaningful penalty for the Grotesque cheating they were engaged in. Pretty savy deal on their part.

Tater Tot - well, that's a matter of which camp you choose to believe. It might have been the daughter thing. It might have been the slipping record. It might have been Terry Firing Wayne Hall and some of the other Dye-Mafia that Lowder intended to keep in charge, and keep reporting directly to his office. All depends on who you ask. IMO, likely a combination of some or all of that.

Jean Cheatnik was a "joke" - but the joke was on Alabama and the rest of CFB. Jean was hired because he knew how the aub payroll system worked and was COMFORTABLE with it, AND because he was willing to Look the Other Way at "Strategic" moments in the recruiting process. Which he did with aplomb!

In the case of Fulmer, though, they had not been a good team since 2001. He's bungled along for seven years, and even in 2007 they weren't 'really' the best team in the division.

No question. phil got LOTS of "rope" to hang himself... in part because he knew where ALL the skeltons were buried, and they need some of the "Statute of Limitations" to pass before they could get rid of him.

9 win seasons in 13-game schedules ain't the same as nine wins in ten or 11-game schedules, though.

Yup

The funny thing with Miles is that they could have fired him in 2015 and instead signed him to a big contract and then fired him after 3-4 games. I
still think it was more an emotional reaction to losing to Auburn the same way they'd already lost to Ole Miss (2009) and nearly lost to Tennessee (2010).
One would think smart coaches wouldn't make the same mistake.

In Richt's case, well, he'd been there for 15 years and always gotten just close enough to blow it.

Agreed again.

. . . .

That's because Bill O'Brien took over a train wreck at Penn State and went 15-9. Urban Meyer took over a Buckeyes team on probation and won his
first 24 games.

Ok - gotta chime in here. To discuss Alabama re. Shula and O$U re. Meyer in the same thread, (IMO) some SERIOUS explanation is needed.

Shula took over an Alabama team REELING with very harsh sanctions that were just beginning to kick in, as the Fourth Coach less than 4 seasons - and NONE of his predecessors had recruited worth a "darn".

Urban took over a team chock full of Top-10 talent and depth, (#6 in 2011, #5 in 2009) having come off a ONE year "Slap on the Wrist" penalty. Had the O$U Admin not bungled the timing of the penalties, Urban LIKELY would have faced and beaten ND in the 2012/13 BCS NC game. (thank you, Dr. Gee!!!)
I'm NOT saying Mike Shula necessarily wins ANYTHING had he inherited what Urban did at O$U - but its Still Two VERY DIFFERENT Circumstances.

The problem with McElwain wasn't even the record, it's HOW they were achieving their success. They were walking on a rickety plank and barely surviving
teams they should have boat raced.

The "problem" with Mac, IMO, was his QBs' tendency to be injured, the fact that a major criminal Fiasco went down on "his watch" and gutted an otherwise promising team, and the raw impatience of an AD who didn't see Mac as "his" coach.

You may recall, Mac's hiring was something of a bizarre "one man crusade" by Jeremy Foley, who chose to retire after Mac's first season (perhaps due to "buyer's remorse?).

Its practically a "Rite of Passage" these days for new AD's at big schools to fire coaches and hire "their guys" (or gals as the case may be). Stricklin, as an "outsider" is simply "marking his territory", and(for all we know) might even have been hired for the express purpose of bringing his close friend (and UF "hero") Dan Mullen back to Gainesville.....

I'm sorry, but this won't fly save in the cases of LSU and perhaps Florida.

The problem is that nobody wants to remember context. Shula was, in large part, an extension of TWO other coaches, Franchione and Price (technically three, since his tenure was largely held hostage by sanctions DuBose brought). If Franchione doesn't leave when he did, he hangs around for 3-4 more years and gets canned. Tennessee had no way of knowing Kiffin was going to fly the coop, either. Dooley looked pretty good at La Tech, he just didn't work out.

Agree and Agree.

The McElwain case, I agree, stinks quite a bit. There's something we're not being told.

AGREE Completely - My "Theory" is above.

But Les Miles had over a decade and Mark Richt had even longer. Both failed some pretty basic requirements to keep their jobs. The issue where LSU is concerned is this.......can anyone with a straight face SERIOUSLY argue that Ed Orgeron is a BETTER head coach than Les Miles? Did anyone think that at the time?

Nope! FWIW, this is why I'm kinda hoping Randy Shannon Runs the table at UF, and Strickland is "Shamed" into giving Shannon "a chance"... LOL!!! ;)

Five years is plenty enough time for a guy to recruit HIS players and invoke HIS system. The thing with Tennessee is that they literally have NO offense at all. One doesn't have to have delusional expectations to fire a fifth-year head coach who has a horrid offense.
Obviously, this is completely correct. UcheaT would be INSANE to keep Butch.... which is why I'm Sooooo hoping they do!!! ;)

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Probation nearly killed us... Nobody wanted to come to Alabama to coach. Rich Roderiques allowed his wife (Rita) to talk him out of accepting the job here... Coach Mike Shula took the job.
Coach Shula was young, and wanted to be everybody's friend... Then... Brody quit going to the weight room. Soon other players made the decision to join him.
That's when CMS officially lost the team.
The team attitude became... I hope we can make a respectful showing week to week.
We had became the team everybody wanted to schedule for Homecoming.

These reasons are why it sounded like a 'Pipe Dream' when Coach Mal Moore said he was going after Coach Saban. The rest is history.
I remember Coach Saban promising us that he would make us winners again. That no one would want to play us, and everyone would want to be us. Everyone would hate us...
COACH SABAN HAS KEPT HIS WORD.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yall are bringing back memories I just assume keep suppressed..We Bama Fan's took a lot lottttt of crap on message boards during those years..As soon as it was announced Coach Saban was coming to T'Town it was like the light was cut on in a dark room & all those folks talking crap to us scattered off like roaches never to seen again

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
We still have fans on this site that will take up for him from time to time, as he was "the only coach willing to come back to Alabama in such a time of distress." Which is another tall tale.
LOL!!! Care to name all the Better candidates who were willing to come in MAY 2003, to a program ROCKED with the most harsh NZAA penalties handed down up to that time (short of the actual "Death Penalty"). Any possible "better candidate" would have aready been under contract as a Coordinator or HC in Div-1 or the NFL, and leaving THAT kind of a position After Spring Drills - well, it would have been an "All or Nothing" proposition, because a Coordinator or HC who left a team on ANY level at that time of year (and thus Screws his current employer ROYALLY), probably never gets another major job if he doesn't "make it" at Alabama.

So who's on that list?

Sly Croom?

Richard Williamson? Already 62 at that time and had been a complete BUST as both a College and an NFL HC; a career position coach who had only spent 3 years as a Coordinator at any level (and mostly failed at that too)??

Mike Shula was NOT a good College Football HC.

BUT this is the part FEW UA fans "Get" - He Was NOT hired for his coaching ability. He was hired for his clean reputation, SOLELY to "Shepard" the program for a few years, & keep us out of the newspapers until a better alternative could be located. Shula was a BUST on the field, but was mostly successful at the VERY LIMITED task he was charged with, and "But for" a rash on injuries might well have won an SEC Title (or at least the SEC W) in 2005.

Hey, we should all be THANKING Mike Shula for not signing Tim Tebow and for being bull headed and refusing to fired Dave Rader!!!

IF Mike had been a better recruiter, OR been reasonable and pragmatic enough to Fire his OC, we Might never have gotten Nick Saban!!! :p

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
LOL!!! Care to name all the Better candidates who were willing to come in MAY 2003, to a program ROCKED with the most harsh NZAA penalties handed down up to that time (short of the actual "Death Penalty"). Any possible "better candidate" would have aready been under contract as a Coordinator or HC in Div-1 or the NFL, and leaving THAT kind of a position After Spring Drills - well, it would have been an "All or Nothing" proposition, because a Coordinator or HC who left a team on ANY level at that time of year (and thus Screws his current employer ROYALLY), probably never gets another major job if he doesn't "make it" at Alabama.

So who's on that list?

Sly Croom?

Richard Williamson? Already 62 at that time and had been a complete BUST as both a College and an NFL HC; a career position coach who had only spent 3 years as a Coordinator at any level (and mostly failed at that too)??

BUT this is the part FEW UA fans "Get" - He Was NOT hired for his coaching ability. He was hired for his clean reputation, SOLELY to "Shepard" the program for a few years, & keep us out of the newspapers until a better alternative could be located. Shula was a BUST on the field, but was mostly successful at the VERY LIMITED task he was charged with, and "But for" a rash on injuries might well have won an SEC Title (or at least the SEC W) in 2005.

Hey, we should all be THANKING Mike Shula for not signing Tim Tebow and for being bull headed and refusing to fired Dave Rader!!!

IF Mike had been a better recruiter, OR been reasonable and pragmatic enough to Fire his OC, we Might never have gotten Nick Saban!!!
:p
I know we hate Fat Phil Fulmer, but if he hadn't tried to burn our house down we may not have gotten Coach Saban either. A lot of starts aligned for us to be where we are today.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007

So who's on that list?

Sly Croom?

IF Mike had been a better recruiter, OR been reasonable and pragmatic enough to Fire his OC, we Might never have gotten Nick Saban!!! :p
I always thought the problem was with the Offensive line coach Bob Connelly.

And we did have the start of the text book problem under his watch so he was not completely successful at avoiding the NCAA.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

So who's on that list?

Sly Croom?

Go back and reread my statement. It's pretty clear what I said. He was not the only coach willing to come. I do not believe Croom and Williamson were either, and that's because I trust a couple of moderators here who have said so. Still, my statement remains true. He was not the only guy, and I don't feel the need to take up for someone so completely inept and incapable of managing and leading a program - whether or not that would have led to a better or worse record than he ended up with. It would have been better had he never taken the job, and then could have been fondly remembered for that pass to Greg Richardson to get Van Tiffin in FG range against Auburn in 1985.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
So true. Bama was hardly a hot job, but there were others who were interested. I've forgotten them all now. Richard Williamson was one, this was who Mal wanted from the final list of Shula, Croom and him, but others prevailed and overruled Mal's good judgment. Tom Coughlin, who I think had just been fired from Jax, stated publicly that he was interested. There were others but I don't have Selma's memory.

Another note: the Mobile Press Register did a poll of "cutthroat, unrealistic and unreasonable" Bama fans and revealed that 89% felt Shula should have been given another year. I was part of the mean 11%. I also knew that Saban had expressed interest in the job in October 2006.

As to the overall media bias, I know that it is real. Many in the media give all programs, including Bama, a fair shake; I also know that every fan base thinks its team is ignored or lied about or misunderstood, etc; and I don't believe in conspiracy theories. But from an objective view, I've seen too many proofs of genuine bias beyond what any program might experience from time to time. The one the OP pointed to is a good example. Another is when Saban was hired. Bob Stoops made between 3-3.5 mil and OU's Joe C. was praised; Charlie Weis was given a stupid 10 year contract after one year and ND was praised as "forward looking". But when CNS took a pay cut to make 3.5-4 mil, the media went ballistic. Miles Brand chose that time to say that coaches contracts were getting out of hand and something needed to be done about it. All because Bama upped the anti by less than .5 mil ~15%. (Some of these numbers may be off a little.) Since the mid 80s even in its own state, in the larger media markets, Bama has been treated unfairly and often bashed, many looking for any opportunity to promote AU over UA. There are too many instances to mention.

During the Joe Kines OSUw game, the ESPN announcers were yukking it up about how Bama should settle for Kines or maybe go for Jeff Bower, and that Bama may be the 4th best program in the state behind AU, UAB and Troy. They were having a blast. It certainly wasn't Bama fatigue. It makes you appreciate those few who showed Bama respect. Among them, ESPN's Freddy Coleman, a great guy, who continued to insist that "this is Alabama" they could get a good coach. Mel Kiper who listed everything that Bama had in place to become a power again. He also said that Bama was Saban's dream job as others were ridiculing the idea that Saban might come to Bama. Jeremy Green said that too. I will always appreciate them. I'm sure there were others, I don't remember, but respect was not the prevailing attitude in the media. Even the SEC tries to ignore Bama's dominance.

This is a long subject.
That 11% must have been Tdefan readers and posters. Although I do remember that some Tidefan members were also in the 89%.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Those who say Mike came at a difficult time when there were not that many superior candidates for the job are correct. I have heard, directly from people who were there, that Mike's presentation was first-rate and his interview was far and away the best of the interviewed candidates. The gentleman I talked to said that he went into the process with Coach Croom first on his list, though he acknowledges he should not have had a favorite to start. I'd say that is just human nature. He was disappointed that after the interview process it was clear Croom was not the best candidate. (His coaching performance in Starkville tends to bear out that he was not a first-rate choice).

However, those who say that Mike proved not to be up to the job of being the CEO of the Alabama football program are also correct. Unlike some other coaches it was not scandal-plagued, it did not result in NCAA investigations, he did not embarrass the University through his personal behavior, etc. I thought then, and think now, that he was simply totally over-matched by the job. Ultimately, he lost the players and put a very bad team on the field. That's not, in my opinion, a cause for shame. Being the head football coach at Alabama (or other schools in its category) is terribly difficult and demanding. Incidentally, it makes the job done by Coach Saban, here and at LSU, all the more impressive. I'll pause while you make a mental list of coaches who simply weren't up to similar jobs -- Kiffin at Tennesse/USC, Butch at UT, etc. Doesn't make them rotten human beings or even bad coaches. I think CJM will leave Florida and, if he goes back to a job similar to CSU, will be quite successful.

The concepts aren't mutually exclusive.

Mike has gone on to have a VERY successful career as a NFL assistant coach -- and that is by objective measures such as his longevity, success of his athletes, and the respect of his peers in that league. Good for him.

Feelings were hurt when he left. He certainly proved too loyal to his assistants and refused to take very good proffered advice. The players apparently did not respect him. The program was declining rapidly. He said things when he left and shortly after that by now he might regret (or not) and things were said about him (and probably to him, though I don't have first-hand info on this) by people close to the program that were probably regrettable.

But I don't dislike him because the job overmatched him.

CoachThomas

Scout Team
Jul 1, 2006
Myrtle Beach SC
Yall are bringing back memories I just assume keep suppressed..We Bama Fan's took a lot lottttt of crap on message boards during those years..As soon as it was announced Coach Saban was coming to T'Town it was like the light was cut on in a dark room & all those folks talking crap to us scattered off like roaches never to seen again
They take their shots once in a blue moon. But after the 2008 recruiting class and the 2008 season,the SEC and national titles,the revolving door of coaches and the No 1 recruiting classes year after year. They just sit and fume saying wait till CNS is gone then we (input any school) will be back.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Great analogy

CoachThomas

Scout Team
Jul 1, 2006
Myrtle Beach SC
From another angle, I think a lot of our rival fans (and sportswriters for that matter) had grown to enjoy and relish in Bama becoming an also ran...a has-been if you will. They loved the jokes and being able to rub salt in the wound at every take. Most of all, they loved seeing Bama lose 5-6 games each year.

Having said that, I think a big reason we were lambasted by the media and rivals alike is the simple fact that they knew we were finally clear of probation and that we were going to finally be attractive to a top-tier coach. They were mad that we took away their whipping boy, but they were downright livid with the hiring of CNS. Remember the backlash from Lebatard, Rome, Cowherd, etc after CNS was hired? They all knew it. Their days of kicking Bama- on the field and off- were over.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I to remember that day he was hired. I was off that day from work when the news hit and he was coming to Alabama. Al.com showed pictures of people waiting at the airport for him. I believe it was a Tuesday. So I followed it all online and tv. The only people the were rational and level headed that morning was Bob Ley who was reporting on it all and Paul Finebaum who said UA would win a National Title in four years. Mike and Mike thought the hiring was awful but they would not give a reason why.ESPN dragged out CBC who talked about the Alabama mafia and Daddy Shula who said his son didn't have a level playing field.(your son was 42 at the time can't he speak for himself?). All is quiet now. Mike Greenberg would say later this year CNS was best football coach ever. But I'm to nice a guy to remind him what he said in 2007.:biggrin:

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama

So who's on that list?

Sly Croom?

But Dave Radar was essential in Shula's eyes as after all he served a key role in telling the media that Mike was the best play caller in existence. Also, don't forget Bob Connelly, also know as "Bucket Step Bob" whose blocking technique and schemes were totally incompatible with a "power offense", but who was also essential as reputedly at least, as his wife was Shari Shula's friend and tennis partner. Refusal to part with these two coaches doomed Shula in the end.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.