2017 Week 10 Game Week Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conference Updates, etc.)

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Re: SIAP - Saban's 11/1 PC- Hilarious

hahahahaha the proverbial mic drop

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I have pretty mixed feelings about Miller and Lewis coming back. It will be really interesting to see if Miller wants to try and get a medical redshirt. I honestly think that might be the right move for him.
If they choose to play again this year they will still have 2 more seasons of eligibility remaining. If they are as good as they looked against FSU, and good enough to be starters at Alabama, there is ZERO chance that they play the season that they get back by going the redshirt route. So how would it benefit them to redshirt?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

If they choose to play again this year they will still have 2 more seasons of eligibility remaining. If they are as good as they looked against FSU, and good enough to be starters at Alabama, there is ZERO chance that they play the season that they get back by going the redshirt route. So how would it benefit them to redshirt?
I just think it would be silly to waste a year if they aren't ready to make an impact. It's hard to get into football shape after missing so much time and often the best way to get in the right shape is to play games. I worry that it could take them a few games to get the hang of it and by that point in the season idk if we will have time for that. Who knows what happens over the next year or so? One or both could be hurt for a limited time next year or maybe they don't get the snaps they need to show they are every down players, or a variety of other scenarios. I'm not really worried about it because I think they will probably make the right decision though.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I just think it would be silly to waste a year if they aren't ready to make an impact. It's hard to get into football shape after missing so much time and often the best way to get in the right shape is to play games. I worry that it could take them a few games to get the hang of it and by that point in the season idk if we will have time for that. Who knows what happens over the next year or so? One or both could be hurt for a limited time next year or maybe they don't get the snaps they need to show they are every down players, or a variety of other scenarios. I'm not really worried about it because I think they will probably make the right decision though.
@teamplayer answered this better than I could in the other thread. Alabama beats Clemson handily if you have Jackson and SDH for 20 snaps each in that game. You don't need them to be able to carry a full load as long as they can go 100% on the plays that they do play.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

Im thinking Miller is already a junior. He is the same class as Evans, who is a senior. Miller took the freshman redshirt.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

@teamplayer answered this better than I could in the other thread. Alabama beats Clemson handily if you have Jackson and SDH for 20 snaps each in that game. You don't need them to be able to carry a full load as long as they can go 100% on the plays that they do play.
I mean I don't disagree with this. If they are 100% and can play 20 snaps effectively then great. I'm just worried about letting them play and it turns out they can't do that and that hurting their careers. Like I said I trust those involved to make the correct decision but if we had any other coach then I would be more worried.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Im thinking Miller is already a junior. He is the same class as Evans, who is a senior. Miller took the freshman redshirt.
Sorry, you are correct. He is a redshirt Junior. If he plays this year, he has 1 more year of eligibility left.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.