Terror Attack in Manhattan - At least 4 Dead more injured

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Sigh. Idiot. It's like we're being governed by the Youtube comment section.

Donald Trump said:
NYC terrorist was happy as he asked to hang ISIS flag in his hospital room. He killed 8 people, badly injured 12. SHOULD GET DEATH PENALTY!

Would love to send the NYC terrorist to Guantanamo but statistically that process takes much longer than going through the Federal system. There is also something appropriate about keeping him in the home of the horrible crime he committed. Should move fast. DEATH PENALTY!

A bunch of attorneys said:
The President has just placed his thumb on the scales of justice. This public comment will be used to show how the driver cannot get a fair trial. Either way the trial judge rules on issue, this interjects error and multiple appeals. Well done brainless one.

Mr. President, we all know he should get the death penalty. But when *you* say it, it makes it harder for DOJ to make that happen.

This is called potentially tainting jury pool & could impact alleged perpetrator's ability to secure fair trial. SMH

Trump helped the terrorist with this tweet. Now prosecutors will have to spend time dealing with motions that the jury pool is tainted.

LINK

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Alt Right White guy does this- "Many sides, many sides"

Muslim guy- "DEATH PENALTY!!!!! Immediate death no trial should be needed!!!!!"

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I don't understand why he chose to use a truck if he wanted to maximize the deaths he could cause. I'm glad he didn't use the type weapon and tactics the guy in Las Vegas used.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
He's going to be dead regardless.
So you're okay with the president publicly judging and convicting him without a trial? Someone whose legal permanent resident status affords him all the protections of U.S. law?

Your tacit approval of overt authoritarianism never ceases to astound.

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
Not really much of a trial to be had here. No reasonable doubt for any of it.

All that remains is deciding the punishment.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
So you're okay with the president publicly judging and convicting him without a trial? Someone whose legal permanent resident status affords him all the protections of U.S. law?

Your tacit approval of overt authoritarianism never ceases to astound.
He should be considered innocent until judged guilty in a court of law.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Terrorist is Sayfullo Saipov from Uzbekistan.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
This is a thread distraction, but I don't understand why beards have become the up to date fashion for so many men. Some are trimmed, but with lots of them, the longer the better.

It's almost like Osama Bin Laden has started a new fashion trend with unkempt beards. When I see my hillbilly friends with their shaggy beards, they look to me like they are ready to join the Taliban.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
But since he admitted to it, I'm ok skipping the trial and putting a .45 in his brain pan.
We tend to protect rights in the courts in this country, particularly in high profile death penalty cases like this one. Trump should have kept his mouth shut.

I don't think this means he's going to walk or anything that crazy, but I suspect the prosecutor will have a harder time arguing for the death penalty now that Trump has opened his gob. My money is on him living out the rest of his natural life in ADX Florence.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.