Lane Kiffin a realistic choice for Florida?

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
None of his tweets about "Rat Poison" have been funny, clever, interesting, or otherwise.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I watched most of the game, including the end. They get the last series off a fourth down interception that should have been knocked down, from near scoring position to back on their side of the field. So they have the ball with almost three minutes left and they took a shot gun knee on first down. You'd expect they would run a couple of plays there; and with his reaction talking to whoever on his headset you'd thought someone made the wrong play call. But no, they shot gun kneel each down, so maybe someone was trying to tell him that he couldn't run out the clock and he was defending himself?

Who knows, he tells the punter something there with 14 secs left, and thought ok, he's outsmarting himself, but they will try to run out the clock criss-crossing the end zone....but again no, the punter goes straight out of bounds with 8 secs left. I thought he's really going to lose this game, because they are now only up by five.

It was very bizarre, but I think he just can't help himself that when he screws up, that he will not accept that he did something wrong and tend to keep compounding the problem with another mistake, on top of another mistake, and just outsmart himself despite those around him. That tweet looks like just another excuse to try to cover how poorly he managed the end of the game.

Am impressed with turnaround the fau staff and team has made this season, but kiffin does appear to have a ways to go.
I agree you probably have it. He meant to run the clock out and the kid panicked and ran straight out. Kiff's just doing his usual CYA stuff...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.