Rules and Mods

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
The rules are the rules, and I've been suspended twice. My next time is the last time, so I hesitate to even post this.
I have no problem with the rules or the system. It is what it is, as it should be.
What I have a problem with is a couple of mods who express their opinion, and if you disagree with them, or even try to discuss it.......whoooooooa....forget it.
They know who they are. Heck.......I got suspended for disagreeing with PIT MASTER because I got so mad I used profanity.
It was justified.
Moderation, at least to me, is not about POWER, it's about moderation.
We've got a couple of mods who don't understand that.
But here's the truth.....the more people who are afraid to express their opinion on Tide Fans....the less advertising revenue that will result.
Now, I have offered nothing but my opinion, no profanity, just my opinion...
I hope it has a positive result.sip

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
I really appreciate and love Tidefans. I may not always agree with everything on this site, but the majority I do and I respect it as a whole and the job the Mods do also. I feel like this my home on the internet.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
The rules are the rules, and I've been suspended twice. My next time is the last time, so I hesitate to even post this.
I have no problem with the rules or the system. It is what it is, as it should be.
What I have a problem with is a couple of mods who express their opinion, and if you disagree with them, or even try to discuss it.......whoooooooa....forget it.
They know who they are. Heck.......I got suspended for disagreeing with PIT MASTER because I got so mad I used profanity.
It was justified.
But here's the truth.....the more people who are afraid to express their opinion on Tide Fans....the less advertising revenue that will result.

Sip, I just wanted to say, while I don't always agree with you, I love reading your posts. I hope you will keep on posting. And that goes for many others on here. There are some that have left or disappeared for whatever reason and from my standpoint, I can tell you that they are missed. I am not personal friends with anyone on here but you guys are like family. (isn't that weird?). I guess because we share a common bond with our love for Bama. I even like the non-Bama regulars like Bazza, BIGtide, and Dub.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I’ve posted and read on other boards and this is, hands down, the best board I’ve been on regardless of the subject. My goal as far as mods are concerned is not to be noticed. Usually this means you’re not causing any problems. I’m glad to have a board where I’m not ashamed if someone walks in my study and sees me browsing this forum. I especially enjoy game threads. It’s fun to watch games with others, and even more amusing watching the eeyores post when we’re up 37-10 :)

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
I truly enjoy being allowed to hang around this site. It’s very reflective of where I am in my life -grounded, happy, non confrontational, and always seeking to learn more. This week, I realize I am the enemy and I’ve stoked the fire on a couple of threads, but I welcome some of the back and forth as long as it’s respectful. Geaux Tigers!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Sip, I just wanted to say, while I don't always agree with you, I love reading your posts. I hope you will keep on posting. And that goes for many others on here. There are some that have left or disappeared for whatever reason and from my standpoint, I can tell you that they are missed. I am not personal friends with anyone on here but you guys are like family. (isn't that weird?). I guess because we share a common bond with our love for Bama. I even like the non-Bama regulars like Bazza, BIGtide, and Dub.
I agree 100%......I absolutely love this place...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
and thank you...

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
I always like using the analogy of this being BAMANATION's house. If we all are going to his 'house' to talk football, we should respect his rules. We are not going to swear in front of his children, not going to talk politics while the game is going on, etc. If someone does not like it, there is always other boards, twitter, and facebook.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
I always like using the analogy of this being BAMANATION's house. If we all are going to his 'house' to talk football, we should respect his rules. We are not going to swear in front of his children, not going to talk politics while the game is going on, etc. If someone does not like it, there is always other boards, twitter, and facebook.
I like your analogy.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It was justified.
If I see staff using a their positions to push opinions about anything other than rule enforcement, then I have a word with them, just like I edit or delete teasers and also have a private word with the poster. What some don't grasp is there is a strict rule against debating policy and moderation on the forums, period. We are happy to discuss it offline via PMs, though. In the case of the poster who caused this thread, he simply refused to accept that rule or the other policies...

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Well for me this is a place I can come to knowing I wont get BS rumors. Honestly I looked back and was amazed how long I have been on this site. Once I reflect back and I have received a couple of PM's warning me and they were totally justified, so I learned and moved on. For me the ignore user was the best button on the site.

While I know there are a few former Bama players that are members here, I only know one other person personally that post here. But in all honest I feel like I am part of an extended Bama family and I appreciate the content here and how the board is managed.

Yes I think we have a lot of baby boomers here and not as many millenniums, so that maybe one more reason this place is somewhere I come to laugh and relax and get to understand other members points of views.

ROLL TIDE and thanks for allowing me to be a proud member.

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
It was justified.
I feel the same way and have experienced the same thing. Although I read the forum threads daily, I rarely post. That being said, I do love this forum and I love the Tide!!! RTR!!!

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I have stated on here before, I LOVE me some cursing. In front of children, the elderly, at church. Wherever. It's like seasoning salt for the soul. But if a place says "no" to profanity I have a choice, change MY behavior or choose not to go there anymore. I still choose to come here.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
If I see staff using a their positions to push opinions about anything other than rule enforcement, then I have a word with them, just like I edit or delete teasers and also have a private word with the poster. What some don't grasp is there is a strict rule against debating policy and moderation on the forums, period. We are happy to discuss it offline via PMs, though. In the case of the poster who caused this thread, he simply refused to accept that rule or the other policies...
This is really good policy of not questioning policy on the open board. Just like the kids shouldn't grill Mom and Dad about family rules IN PUBLIC. I know the times this has happened really got under my skin before they offender was suspended and thread closed. We don't come here to argue over policy.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I couldn't have worded this better myself. 100% in agreement. I really like it when Sip gets passionate for a QB.

I went for a while without even posting when I first joined. I think I received an email or something trying to talk me into posting some on the site. This is the only site I visit. I used to go to some site on The Tuscaloosa News' website and it was just rumor city with a bunch of junk. This site makes me feel like I have "connections" with Alabama football.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I’ve been here awhile but don’t post much. Love this site. We have many very knowledgeable posters and the mods do a good job of keeping the clutter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
My goal would be that all registered members posted every day. I would LOVE to have to spend a lot more money to handle the traffic load :D. That said, I appreciate those that lurk and those that post within the confines of our stated rules. As I posted a while back, those rules really haven’t changed much in the nearly 20years we have been here. I would hate to change the rules and thus become ESPNtide... a bunch of stupid people mouthing off loudly on things they’re clueless about 24/7/365. :D

I appreciate the usually thankless tasks that the moderators and admins have volunteered to do. Active members, lurkers, admins and mods ( and your humble Benevolent Dictator)... it takes us all!

Now go go buy some stuff from those that help pay the bills ;)

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Goes without saying but I will say it anyway.

I LOVE the fact that considerable effort is made to maintain some order here.

I have experienced other talk forums where there is not as much effort made and they are TERRIBLE!

Please don't change a thing!

And THANK YOU to our admin, mods, contributors, and members.......indeed, this is a community effort!

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Goes without saying but I will say it anyway.

I LOVE the fact that considerable effort is made to maintain some order here.

I have experienced other talk forums where there is not as much effort made and they are TERRIBLE!

Please don't change a thing!

And THANK YOU to our admin, mods, contributors, and members.......indeed, this is a community effort!
I visited other forums years ago and this one is the Mercedes of them all...decently and in order. Shoot, I've been through church business meetings that were not this civil!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
All of our mods and especially our benevolent dictator are greatly appreciated. Sometimes you guys show a lot more patience than I ever would. I would never want your jobs as moderators.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.