JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
LSU Preview: Tigers hoping emotion will carry them against Tide
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
November 1st, 2017 01:01 AM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Nov. 1, 2017 For the most part, SEC fans have somewhat neglected the LSU Tiger team this season, choosing to focus on Alabama, Georgia, Auburn to a lesser extent, and the coaching carousel next. Lost is actual discussion of how good LSU is. And there’s a reason for that: the […]

Read More Here

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Great analysis. Hope we start off strong and play a full 60 minutes. We cannot afford to lose any games or we will probably drop out of the top 4.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Thanks, Jess. I really enjoyed your analysis this week and not just before you showed us with the advantage in all 8 categories. I think this will be hard-fought but in the end I look for us to pull away.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Kind of wish Bo would get out of his funk. And when I say funk I just mean get back to the way he ran the ball at the end of the season last year.
I think much of the "funk" Bo is in is because of how often our backs are rotated in and out. We have a stable of backs and the staff seems to prefer rotating them in and out on a frequent basis. Possibly to keep them fresh throughout the game and on a larger scale throughout the season. But nonetheless they rotate backs in and out often. So a back only gets a handful of chances while they are in there to produce, then they are subbed out for someone else. Look at Harris, he doesn't get the bulk of his yards over the course of a game. He gets the bulk of his yards in chunk plays. I can recall the exact number, but he's had more than one or two runs in games that were over 75 yards. He's had others that were 40-50 yard rushes. He'd end up with 150-175 yards rushing but the bulk of those came on one maybe two rushes. So for an individual back to flourish statistically in this year's version of the Tide offense they have to maximize each carry when they are out there. Because the carries are being spread around.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think much of the "funk" Bo is in is because of how often our backs are rotated in and out. We have a stable of backs and the staff seems to prefer rotating them in and out on a frequent basis. Possibly to keep them fresh throughout the game and on a larger scale throughout the season. But nonetheless they rotate backs in and out often. So a back only gets a handful of chances while they are in there to produce, then they are subbed out for someone else. Look at Harris, he doesn't get the bulk of his yards over the course of a game. He gets the bulk of his yards in chunk plays. I can recall the exact number, but he's had more than one or two runs in games that were over 75 yards. He's had others that were 40-50 yard rushes. He'd end up with 150-175 yards rushing but the bulk of those came on one maybe two rushes. So for an individual back to flourish statistically in this year's version of the Tide offense they have to maximize each carry when they are out there. Because the carries are being spread around.
Agreed, but he has been very successful in his role this year. Alabama is perfect on 4th down, and Bo is a huge part of that.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Agreed, but he has been very successful in his role this year. Alabama is perfect on 4th down, and Bo is a huge part of that.
Yeah, I agree. That's why I put the word funk in quotes and addressed the poster's point from a statistical standpoint. Bo is having a good season and "doing his job". But if someone evaluates him strictly from a statistical standpoint I guess they could come to the conclusion that he is in a "funk" of some sorts.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Like a few have stated, Bo is one of those backs that gets better w/carries or as the D gets a little wore down. He hasn't seen that kind of playing time this year. The upside... all our backs should have plenty in the tank for the upcoming stretch run. I anticipate that Bo will reel off a long one or two before all is said and done.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I'm probably wrong, BUT... My Opinion is Bo is one of those guys that gets stronger later in the game. But this year, there may not be an opportunity. Our other back are playing well. I like that we can keep pounding with fresh backs. Our young Running Backs are playing like they have something to prove... ROLL TIDE ROLL. Then there is the Jalen factor. Jalen has improved as a QB, and if anyone gets slack, he will bust one up the middle. :)

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Kind of wish Bo would get out of his funk. And when I say funk I just mean get back to the way he ran the ball at the end of the season last year.
I don't really look at Bo as being in a funk, [although your description of his 'Funk' is close to being what I've noticed through-out the year]!
BUT I have noticed he's back to his straight up running style!
Was looking at some games down the stretch last year and the Clemson game.
He was running that way (Finishing) until contact then blowing over top of tackler's, now he seems to be back to running as he was at the first of last year (Straight up)!
Did see a couple of runs against the Vol's were he lowered his shoulder's and punished a couple of tackler's! Maybe he's getting back to the 5 or so games before he broke his leg!
Hope so, the team sure could use those run's again...!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.