Alabama's Remaining Schedule

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Any P5 team that is 12-0 going into its conference championship game should get in ahead of a one loss Notre Dame, IMO. But that isn't going to happen. Wisconsin is a great example. They have to win the B1GCG and be 13-0 to get in ahead of what would be an 11-1 Notre Dame team because their schedule is so weak.

But 12-0 should trump 11-1 every time in the P5.
Even though you admit Whisky's schedule is "so weak" you still think they should get in over an 11-1 Notre Dame who would have wins over USC, Miami, Stanford, and Michigan St? Now, I don't think any of those teams are great, but any one of them is a better win than anything Whisky has done. I do think a 12-1 UGA with a loss to Bama should go instead of Notre Dame since they beat them head-to-head, though.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Anyone else noticed the national pundits who are trashing our schedule? We have no room for error.

I don't care what anyone says about FSU, though - the first 45-50 minutes of that game were as violent as any we've ever played.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I actually hope ND wins out. One reason is that it would be a pleasure to play them again, the other is that it would help keep Bama's biggest threat out - OSU (sorry B1GTide).

B1GTide: I disagree with your contention that a 12-1 Wisc, the loss being in the champ game, should get in over an 11-1 ND. Their resumes would not compare. Wisc would have beaten NOBODY.
And would ND beat OSU in the B1GCG? No, they would not. So ND gets in because they are lucky enough not to have to play OSU or Alabama or Georgia or Clemson in a conference championship game. Because a 12-1 Wisconsin team should get in over an 11-2 Notre Dame team.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Anyone else noticed the national pundits who are trashing our schedule? We have no room for error.

I don't care what anyone says about FSU, though - the first 45-50 minutes of that game were as violent as any we've ever played.
I consider myself a very level headed fan who tries to look at things from multiple perspectives when it comes to college football. The fact that we aren't getting any credit for that win blows my mind.

As you mentioned, it was as violent as any we've played, and I'm assuming you mean in the Saban era, which it was. FSU lost their Heisman hopeful QB at the end of the game and then went 3 weeks without playing. They were a completely different team once they played again. Yet very few are looking at this objectively and all they see is the 2-5 record. Before the game was played, the experts were gushing over this game and how it could be a potential rematch.

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Every Power 5 contender (Alabama, UGA, tOSU, OU, Clemson, etc.) should be rooting for Notre Dame to drop a game. If they win out they're taking someones spot at the table.
I pull for them to lose every game, they’re one of the teams I like to tune in just to watch them lose and tune away when they’re winning...similar to the barn, ut, psu, fsu...

So yeah, agree prefer to see them drop another or two and drop from the conversation...but if they slip into the playoff then we can blow them out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.