Link: Something I wasn’t expecting related to my REAL job :)

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Wanted to give y’all something off the normal politics and other maddening topics in this board ...

AND Just so you all know that TideFans isn’t my only vocation ... :D

The journal paper published earlier in the year which is based on my dissertation work has been awarded the BEST PAPER in the Journal of the Association for Information Systems for 2017 and is also nominated for the Best Paper award in all of IS. (This is one of the top journals in my field so I’m really proud to have received this news). Maybe I should retire now :D

The award "ceremony" in December is at our main international conference which, this year, just happens to be in Seoul, South Korea ... But I’m unable to attend.

I post it here now because the paper is now listed as the award winner on the journal’s website ( midway down) if you wanna take a peek:
https://aisel.aisnet.org/jais/

rjtide

1st Team
Dec 15, 1999
AL
congrats! not to sound ignorant and all.....but what is 'information systems'? i'm a physician so anything related to 'IT', 'information systems' is completely foreign to me. please explain in layman terms what it is that you do. thanks. and best of luck with continued success in your profession.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
congrats! not to sound ignorant and all.....but what is 'information systems'? i'm a physician so anything related to 'IT', 'information systems' is completely foreign to me. please explain in layman terms what it is that you do. thanks. and best of luck with continued success in your profession.
Thanks!

Very simply: the focus is usually on how humans interact with technology and information processing/management. Lots of branches off that tree but that would sum it up pretty nicely. Includes things like system design, system use and usability, data analysis, system implementation, project mgmt, process innovation, etc. I.S. “[FONT=&quot]includes software, hardware, data, people, and procedures” (see wiki def:[/FONT]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_system

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I doubt I’d understand your paper, but congratulations on your award.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Wanted to give y’all something off the normal politics and other maddening topics in this board ...

AND Just so you all know that TideFans isn’t my only vocation ... :D

The journal paper published earlier in the year which is based on my dissertation work has been awarded the BEST PAPER in the Journal of the Association for Information Systems for 2017 and is also nominated for the Best Paper award in all of IS. (This is one of the top journals in my field so I’m really proud to have received this news). Maybe I should retire now :D

The award "ceremony" in December is at our main international conference which, this year, just happens to be in Seoul, South Korea ... But I’m unable to attend.

I post it here now because the paper is now listed as the award winner on the journal’s website ( midway down) if you wanna take a peek:
https://aisel.aisnet.org/jais/
kudos brett.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Thanks!

Very simply: the focus is usually on how humans interact with technology and information processing/management. Lots of branches off that tree but that would sum it up pretty nicely. Includes things like system design, system use and usability, data analysis, system implementation, project mgmt, process innovation, etc. I.S. “[FONT="]includes software, hardware, data, people, and procedures” (see wiki def:[/FONT]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_system
thanks, i got lost before i got halfway through the abstract ;)

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Congratulations! That is pretty cool.

Man, so now we have an award winning IT guy, a Grammy winning part time author, and a retired daredevil moderating these forums. Pretty sweet.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Aww man, my paper Information Systems R Good and Stuff didn't make the cut. Maybe next year.

Congrats Brett. :)

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm proud of you! Nice job! My experience with a IT manager where I used to work was you would call him when you had any network or computer problems. His pat answer was "reboot it" and see if that helps. Oddly enough sometimes it did!

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I'm proud of you! Nice job! My experience with a IT manager where I used to work was you would call him when you had any network or computer problems. His pat answer was "reboot it" and see if that helps. Oddly enough sometimes it did!

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
This is what he does:

JK! That's awesome, Brett. Congrats!!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.