Two injured LB's may return this season

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Both have 2 more years to play, so a redshirt possibility should not keep them from the field if they are ready at some point.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
They are two special players. By all accounts they have worked hard in their rehabilitation. If they are medically cleared and want to play then they could help Bama win another National Championship.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If they are medically cleared, in shape, and can execute the gameplan for their position(s) AND we are in a national championship hunt then these kids will play.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I wouldn't be surprised if medically they are cleared but their ability to practice and get back up to "football speed" may take them a little bit. They looked like weapons early on so I'd love to get them back for the post-season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
There was a rumor in September that Miller could possibly play if we made the SECCG. The Lewis news is new to me.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's great news if they both return cause as good as our D looked after their injuries, our D looked that much better before their injury, Lewis was tearing up FSU & looked like a man among boys..That's scary to think about with the talent on the field against FSU..

I can't wait to see what Lewis can do in a full season cause I think he's going to be among our illustrious great LB'ers at Bama before he goes Pro..

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
It would be awesome to get one or both of these guys back. Here's what Nick said:

[FONT=&quot]"We leave it completely up to the medical staff every time somebody is injured as to what the protocol is for when they can come back," Saban said. "These injuries were probably 2 1/2-to-three month sort of healing time injuries, so that means maybe sometime this month or at the end of this month they might say these guys are medically cleared to start to participate again, which means they could start practicing. But it may take them awhile before they ever can play. And then I think you also have to take into consideration, which I would meet with their families, is both guys would be able to have a medical redshirt this year. So from a career standpoint, the player should always have input as to whether he thinks that's beneficial to his future or not for them to come back and play in one or two games down the road. Until that happens, I don't think it's worth discussing."[/FONT]

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
That was something I've heard since September that Miller/Lewis could be back for Auburn/SEC Championship game. I kept hearing it throughout the season.

IF they want to play in Auburn game... I would expect them to start practicing next week in black jersey and go from there. If they have good two weeks of practice, then I would expect them to play... I don't think they would take redshirt.... In my opinion... Auburn, SEC Championship, two playoff game will make up for 7 games they missed...so it's worth a shot.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I have mixed feelings about this. I would love for them to come back this year and add a boost to the D but it might be better for them to medical red shirt depending on when they get healthy. Plus getting back into football shape is going to be really hard. It would feel wasteful for them to come back and only play a few snaps. I'm sure Saban and the players will make the right decision though.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Having one of them back could make a difference in a game vs UGA, ND, Clemson, etc. We don't have that speed off the edge with them out.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Having one of them back could make a difference in a game vs UGA, ND, Clemson, etc. We don't have that speed off the edge with them out.
Hard to argue with this, even though I share some of the same reservations as others. I`m confident, however, that with CNS, the players, and their families working together, they`ll arrive at the right decision.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Our medical staff is as good as there is in the collegiate game; our coaches meet the same standard.

Another decision better left to them. That said, i would love to see them playing and productive for the latter game or two and - i hope - the playoff run.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I posted this in the other thread, but since both would still have 2 seasons of eligibility remaining if they play again this season, it really doesn't hurt them at all to play when they are ready. There is no way that they will play 3 more seasons at Alabama if they are good enough to be starters at Alabama right now. Save the medical redshirt for another year if it is needed.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
These kids aren't going to be maxing out their eligibility if they're the difference makers I believe them to be.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.