News Article: Mac Jones Arrested for DUI (Update on Page 2 - Suspended for LSU Game)

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
We've established the following opinions:
1. Everyone on the team including Casper the Ghost is going to have a talk with him.
2. That he should be kicked off the team, nevermind that it was first time and he's a freshman....
I think if you look back at other players that got into trouble under CNS he seems to play it pretty straight no matter if they are starters or freshmen. The kids 19 for gods sake. I am glad no one was hurt and no you dont get a second chance to make a first impression but that does not mean you kick him off the team , if he does what it takes to earn back the respect of his coaches and teammates.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
What an absolutely moronic decision. He probably just earned scout-team duties post-suspension for a while if he's lucky. Definitely earned an invitation into the dog-house. Just a Bone-Head......choice...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
What an absolutely moronic decision. He probably just earned scout-team duties post-suspension for a while if he's lucky. Definitely earned an invitation into the dog-house. Just a Bone-Head......choice...
Considering he was already the scout team QB, I don't think this affected the decision much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Considering he was already the scout team QB, I don't think this affected the decision much.

There's probably scout-team duties a few rungs below QB. I'm sure even the equipment staff would enjoy an extra helping hand too. Plenty of sobering work to go around all over the place on a football team.

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
I recall coaches making us hung over folks push a truck around the parking lot for a few hours. Just as we would get it rolling good...bam! foot on the brake. A good pounding headache with additional tailgate headbutt. He'll be fine. Learn a lesson son. If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Cam Robinson...Tim Williams.....
Mac didn't have a gun in the car, and he didn't have pot.
He should in no way be kicked off the team, as one poster said, unless Cam and Tim should have been.
Should they have been?

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I recall coaches making us hung over folks push a truck around the parking lot for a few hours. Just as we would get it rolling good...bam! foot on the brake. A good pounding headache with additional tailgate headbutt. He'll be fine. Learn a lesson son. If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Exactly..It was a truly stupid thing to do, but, I've done stupid things I'm not proud of over the years..I also was giving a 2nd chance more than once, it's just my opinion, the absolute worst thing that could be done is to just kick him to the curb on his 1st offense..

Punish him & educate him or any other player in the same situation..Help him grow & learn from it so his life isn't irreversible sidelined from the once in a life time opportunity that comes from playing for The Crimson Tide..

It's a different story if it happens again & If some disagrees I can respect that..

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
He should in no way be kicked off the team, as one poster said, unless Cam and Tim should have been.
Should they have been?
Yes.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Should they have been?
No !

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
I agree with tideman09 he's young and will make unwise mistakes. hopefully he will learn from this being in Sabans doghouse doesn't sound fun either

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
*Breaking* College kid makes dumb decision with alcohol- More at 10.

I think a car crash and a suspension will teach him a lesson. Glad he and anyone else involved are safe.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
My dad preached 'If Your Gonna Be Dumb, You Better Be Tough' to me for years.
I spent years telling young LEOs that same thing.
(Some of them listened)

I'm pretty sure CNS and CSC will allow him to count the stadium steps for a while, and more... He will also incur a penalty that will involve Community Service.

Last edited:

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
My dad preached 'If Your Gonna Be Dumb, You Better Be Tough' to me for years.
I spent years telling young LEOs that same thing.
(Some of them listened)

I'm pretty sure CNS and CSC will allow him to count the stadium steps for a while, and more... He will also incur a penalty that will involve Community Service.
That one came to me by way of my Grandfather. Sage advice that I will drill into my kiddo.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.