New user titles for most frequent posters - I Need some help!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
In all seriousness....

I do like paying tribute to Banjeaux and Bayoutider.....since they left such a lasting impression on most of us "old timers".

I also appreciate the idea of setting more 'titles' -- maybe as we progress to new levels - we get one additional "get out of Jail free" card -- just in case we get foot-in-mouth disease.
You forgot NYBF. :confused:

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I would like to encourage those among you who don't normally visit the nonsports board to read this one:

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291433
Congratulations!

Question re: topic. Are only new categories on the table or is there also any discussion about reworking current post count (such as currently having 6 different categories between 0 and 1000) requirements?

Personally love the Bayoutider, Saban and Bryant possibilites.

Thanks! :)

As for new catagories, I'm really thinking only about adding new higher categories. If there were a movement to rename old titles, I might listen, but ultimately, it's probably only going to be for the ones I specified in the first post in this thread.

I may modify the one that is currently 13 posts to 16 (or 17 or 18) as = # championships we have whenever we add to the trophy case. That was why it was 13 to begin with, I think :D

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I like Team Captain. I saw Sylvester Croom on 30 for 30 last night and with tears rolling down his cheek he said to this day being named team captain was the greatest honor he'd ever received. I can only imagine I would feel the same way.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
BamaNation Legend
Legend is a good one. Also like some type of tribute to those no longer here who left their legacy, but not sure how to make their name fit in with the scheme we have going.

You could also make reference somehow to the "Bear" level...most would know who that represented.....or perhaps "Houndstooth"?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I like the names that you have, but have always thought that it was too easy to make it to the "Hall of Fame" and "All American" status. Maybe drop out some of the middle levels. I mean, does anyone really deserve to make the "First Team" with 250 posts anymore? 15 years ago 250 posts was a ton. Today it is nothing. My boys probably post 250 times every day on various social media sites. I didn't even feel like I understood what was happening over here until I was about 1000 posts in.

But if you are just looking for additional levels, keeping the others as they are, what in football follows the same theme but is better than the Hall of Fame?

Maybe change Hall of Fame to Hall of Fame Nominee
Then Add Various Hall of Fame inductee levels like those mentioned before

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
In honor of the late Tommy Lewis:

Bamanation Lewis HOF "too full of Alabama" Achievement Award

Jokes aside, I think the Bayou idea is going to be hard to top.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
In all honesty the user titles don’t mean anything to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I like the names that you have, but have always thought that it was too easy to make it to the "Hall of Fame" and "All American" status. Maybe drop out some of the middle levels. I mean, does anyone really deserve to make the "First Team" with 250 posts anymore? 15 years ago 250 posts was a ton. Today it is nothing. My boys probably post 250 times every day on various social media sites. I didn't even feel like I understood what was happening over here until I was about 1000 posts in.

But if you are just looking for additional levels, keeping the others as they are, what in football follows the same theme but is better than the Hall of Fame?

Maybe change Hall of Fame to Hall of Fame Nominee
Then Add Various Hall of Fame inductee levels like those mentioned before
I 2nd that feeling of trepidation until about the 1,000th post. Despite being in my 3rd season here I still feel like the new guy and very much a frosh. While it would be a "demotion" of title I'd agree that it could be harder to get some of the current designations. But I also agree that adding some new ones could be cool for th hose few elite "super-posters."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
In honor of the late Tommy Lewis:

Bamanation Lewis HOF "too full of Alabama" Achievement Award

Jokes aside, I think the Bayou idea is going to be hard to top.
Hard to top and should also be hard to achieve.

If you were to decide to change some of the lower levels, I think one would have to be white helmet, then progress to crimson helmet. :biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.