New user titles for most frequent posters - I Need some help!

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Nice idea but I will continue to comeand post not for the awards, but for the good football discussions. This is a great site no matter what category I fall into. But it is cool you recognize the frequent flyers. As the coaches say we play for the gamenot the awards........ yet they still accept the awards LOL and use them to negotiate new bigger paydays LOL

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
See, what we really need is some recognition for those of us who've been around for, I don't know, say 17 years but only have a few hundred posts. Call it the Lifetime Lurker/Part-time Poster HOF...
I'd call them dinosaurs. :wink:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Could use legendary names like

Bryant
Namath
Stabler
Jordan...etc
I would say in this order of legendary coaches: Stallings, Thomas, Wade, Denny (President who made the beginning of this reign possible), Saban, Bryant.

Maybe a legendary players list mixed in the above: GREATEST from the 1920's, 1930's, 1940's, 1950's, 1960's, 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, 2000's, 2010+.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Will there be an "unveiling" of the titles in a thread, or will they just show up?

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
If I hit 100,000 posts I would like the title of KING RULER and Master of tidefan universe LOL

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I don't really care what they are called, but if I had my preference it would be somehow related to coaches and not the players. Could have a break at any number of posts you would select.

Wallace Wade
Frank Thomas
Red Drew
Paul Bryant
Gene Stallings
Nick Saban

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You’ve done that to yourself already with your avatar ;)

..and no, this won’t herald in a new era of post count discussions. Just trying to acknowledge those who have been consistent with their frequent participation and come up with some “stretch goals” :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
so it's like a participation trophy ;)

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Could use legendary names like

Bryant
Namath
Stabler
Jordan...etc
I like this as well.

..and no, this won’t herald in a new era of post count discussions. Just trying to acknowledge those who have been consistent with their frequent participation and come up with some “stretch goals” :)
The problem with this is you are encouraging folks to post quick, worthless snarky comments that gets their numbers up. Of course, these posters don't need encouraging to keep it going anyway.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I like this as well.

The problem with this is you are encouraging folks to post quick, worthless snarky comments that gets their numbers up. Of course, these posters don't need encouraging to keep it going anyway.
Not really. I’m encouraging people to participate and continue to participate. Frankly, without the participation from more people more often this site would die a slow death. I want a deeper “bench” and I want to thank/reward those who are long-term and consistent members.

We don’t need posting sagas for someone to be considered a worthy member... sometimes a simple “amen” is perfectly ok and short comments are fine but, as you proffer, snarkiness is not.

Abusive and obvious post count bumperuppers will have their post count reduced, their avatar changed to a an aubie and run the risk of being suspended. How’s that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
I had not seen this thread previously and it's a really cool idea. I have a few thoughts to throw in the ring if it pleases the benevolent dictator:

1. Those handful of "superfans" might form a committee to bestow a poster of the year award if they are amenable. It could be something like a Heisman Trophy emoji next to the user name. We obviously know that they have the time to spare ;)

2. A new poster of the year award would be cool too.

3. I like all of the suggestions for titles. Great ideas. I throw my vote in for "Crimson Landmarks" such as Walk of Champions, Bryant Museum, Denny Chimes, The Quad, etc.

4. I do think there has to be an award named for the much beloved BayouTider.

5. A Lundy Sykes Award (author of "Yea Alabama" 1926) would be pretty cool too.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.