First Game vs Memphis - Friday November 10th - 5:30 CST

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Looked way more athletic than Memphis. Good sign because Memphis usually has a decent team even post-Cal.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The deck seemed stack in the first half. Getting called for fouls left and right and already shorthanded. Great second half, impressive win all things considered.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Great win when you consider 3 of our top 5 players arguably were not playing. It's going to be a fun year! Herb Jones is going to be a star.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Mark it down. CAJ is about to make Bama big time in the world of college basketball. This is going to be a special time in Bama Basketball as long as he is our coach.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I thought it was a first game and I thought we displayed incredible potential.
The talent on the court was beyond.
Dante Hall impressed me as much as anyone. He has slimmed up and really looked good with a double--double..
Petty and Jones are basketball players, and they're good ones. I've been posting for years that you have to sign "Basketball players", not just athletes but players who can actually play basketball.
Reese and the kid from Clinton did well
Junior did well.
I gotta tell ya...I think we're going to be pretty darn good.
The big thing that stood out to me was the overall competitiveness. We never backed down, slowed down, hesitated, nothing.....we played basketball.
20 fouls and ten turnovers in the first half and we win big against a team coached by Tubby Smith?
I'll take it in a heartbeat.
Loved the game! Roll Tide B'Ball!!!!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Ya'll gotta remember that What you saw out of John Petty tonight.... That is nowhere near the potential I saw out of him when I went to see him play last year. John can easily affect the game in many ways. I wouldn't be shocked to see him having big games several time this year.. Herbert Jones is a huge surprise. Love the way he plays.

There are few things we need to clean up down the road: Fouling, Three points, and finishing the plays.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Well now, that was fun - at least the 2nd half. We've created the opportunity to have a terrific season. Not to get too carried away with the win over Memphis - time will tell how good this win was - but to do it in the face of all the obstacles we faced was impressive. A fully available roster and getting off to better starts will make this group fun to watch. I need to go buy some tickets...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.