Fri, Nov 10 vs Memphis 6:30 PM
Tue, Nov 14 vs Lipscomb 8:00 PM
Fri, Nov 17 vs Alabama A&M 7:00 PM

One week away!!

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
I think the SECN is showing our exhibition game against UAH on 11/6 but not sure of the time.
The 11/6 game is scheduled for 7:00 CT and it does show as being carried by SECN and on the ESPN app. Really looking forward to seeing the team in action this year!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The 11/6 game is scheduled for 7:00 CT and it does show as being carried by SECN and on the ESPN app. Really looking forward to seeing the team in action this year!
SECN+, so it's only available on the ESPN app.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
SECN+, so it's only available on the ESPN app.
My bad. Prior post said SECN. I pulled up ESPN app on phone to see if listed and saw the icon but didn't look closely. Small writing and just missed it. Just glad it's on there so I can watch a replay. Wish there were more YouTube uploads of basketball games for those of us without cable...

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I can't remember exactly which site I was on last night, but, it stated that we're a 6 point favorite tonight - even without Sexton. I know nothing about the Memphis squad but found us a favorite at all a bit surprising.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I can't remember exactly which site I was on last night, but, it stated that we're a 6 point favorite tonight - even without Sexton. I know nothing about the Memphis squad but found us a favorite at all a bit surprising.
I think Memphis has lost a lot from recent years, though I still expect them to be formidable.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
info from the Memphis U website,

http://gotigersgo.com/news/2017/11/9/mens-basketball-tigers-basketball-preview-alabama.aspx

• Friday's match-up is the eighth meeting between Memphis and Alabama on the hardwood, but the first encounter since November of 2005. Memphis holds a 5-2 series lead. The Tigers won the last match-up, an 87-76 victory in Tuscaloosa, Ala. That game was a quarterfinal showdown in the 2005 Preseason NIT, and with the win, Memphis advanced to play in the tournament's final four at Madison Square Garden in New York, N.Y. The last Alabama win in the series was an 81-70 victory in the 2001 Guardians Classic in Kansas City, Mo.
  • Just to back up how young the Tigers are in 2017-18, the team returns only 22.4 percent of its points, 17.9 percent of its rebounds and 28.3 percent of its minutes played from the 2016-17 squad.
  • The Tigers enter 2017-18 with 11 players that are playing their first seasons at the NCAA Division I level. That number, though, can increase by two more when one factors in those players that will see game action for the first time as a Tiger in 2017-18. In addition to the five junior college transfers, three freshmen and one transfer, senior Kytrel Williams and sophomore Karim Sameh Azab also could see their first action this season as both never played in 2016-17. So, of the Tigers' 16 players on the roster, 13 will see their first game action wearing the Blue and Gray this season.
  • It's son versus father Friday. Well, not exactly. It's more like son versus the father's alma mater. Jamal Johnson, who is from Birmingham, Ala., is a freshman on the Memphis squad in 2017-18. Jamal's father is Buck Johnson, a former Crimson Tide standout in the 1980s. Buck played for Alabama head coach Wimp Sanderson and was a three-time All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) performer for the Crimson Tide. Buck scored over 1,800 points and grabbed nearly 1,000 boards in his collegiate career.
  • To take the "young" theme further, the Tigers are tied for first in the nation with the fewest number of letterwinners returning from 2016-17. Memphis has two lettermen returning in 2017-18 and is tied with James Madison and Mississippi Valley State for the fewest. Also, Memphis ranks sixth among the NCAA Division I programs with the most newcomers (8) and ninth in fewest returning minutes (1,825) this season.
[FONT=verb_regularregular]Memphis roster

[/FONT]
http://gotigersgo.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.