First Game vs Memphis - Friday November 10th - 5:30 CST

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Lots to like - Jones looking good on both ends, open jump shots being made, Ingram scoring whenever he seemingly wanted, good ball movement. The freshmen made some rookie mistakes but looked ready to mostly hold their own. Buckle up !

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Couldn't watch the game live so just finished watching. Wow! Schaffer helped out when it was needed. Petty started tight but really played well once he got going. Jones is the real deal. Ingram took over during parts of the game. Hall was dominate; I think it is for real but he had a few big games last year when he had the other teams outsized. Tonight, Hall looked a little smoother and more coordinated than in the past. Reese plays smart and has good hands. Smith is strong and physical.

What a crazy start and really the whole 1st half with the fouls and turnovers. Some of the fouls were bogus and some were boneheaded plays by young players. Nice to learn and win at the same time.

Memphis guards were pretty quick but I don't think there will be anybody quicker than Sexton. Memphis lost a bunch of players from last season and are relying on juco's. They still look like they are trying to figure out how to play together.

Coach Johnson and staff did an excellent job during the game.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
Just watched the recording (took our daughter and 5 other 10-11 yr old girls bowling last night- yikes!). This team has soooo much potential...cannot wait to get everyone healthy, eligible, and back on the court. Buckle up!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
You guys thinking we get Key back before SEC play. Should have him back before tournament season but he will probably have to shake off some rust. This injury recovery should give him plenty of time to work on free throws.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
You guys thinking we get Key back before SEC play. Should have him back before tournament season but he will probably have to shake off some rust. This injury recovery should give him plenty of time to work on free throws.
CAJ keeps talking like he expects to have him back by Christmas. On the tv interview after the game last night he added "or sooner." So, I'd say there is reason to be optimistic.

Speaking of FT's, we shot 28 last night but only 4 players shot them. 15 by Ingram. We did end up shooting 68% but needed Ingram to get on a late streak to get to that mark. Fortunately, Memphis missed 14 of 36. We need to improve over last year's percentage as we left way too many points on the floor and it cost us in a few big games, like Kentucky.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The initial report was Key will be back within 4-8 weeks. He's already riding a bike, so who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
The initial report was Key will be back within 4-8 weeks. He's already riding a bike, so who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would not be shocked to see him back by the time we play Arizona. Coach said 4 weeks and maybe sooner last night. Arizona would be 4 weeks.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I hope there is a good way to determine when he is ready so that Key doesn't try to play too soon and cause the injury to linger. I'd like for Key to get a little playing time with the team before SEC starts.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I thought it was a first game and I thought we displayed incredible potential.
The talent on the court was beyond.
Dante Hall impressed me as much as anyone. He has slimmed up and really looked good with a double--double..
Petty and Jones are basketball players, and they're good ones. I've been posting for years that you have to sign "Basketball players", not just athletes but players who can actually play basketball.
Reese and the kid from Clinton did well
Junior did well.
I gotta tell ya...I think we're going to be pretty darn good.
The big thing that stood out to me was the overall competitiveness. We never backed down, slowed down, hesitated, nothing.....we played basketball.
20 fouls and ten turnovers in the first half and we win big against a team coached by Tubby Smith?
I'll take it in a heartbeat.
Loved the game! Roll Tide B'Ball!!!!
Thanks for sharing Sip, I heard some of he game on the radio ... if someone would of said we would have had this type of foul trouble in the first half and still pulled out a win I would have just laughed at them. But like you said their competitiveness is something to be excited about. Looking forward to seeing what this team can accomplish this year! BUCKLE UP

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.