Over/Under On How Many Steps Til “Roll Tide” At Airport

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Flying into Memphis today. Head to toe Bama garb. Every time I do this I get a “Roll Tide” shout after stepping into the boarding area or terminal.

So....

How many steps will I take into the airport before getting a “Roll Tide”?

Note - it’s Memphis, not Birmingham.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
In Memphis you shouldn’t have to go far. 16 steps this year, 17 next year.

Did you get the sweatpants? Post a pic!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Today for the first time ever - didn’t happen. Headed to T-Town to hopefully get some newer sweats.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
But the trip home today was different.

When I dropped off my rental car at the Memphis Airport, the first dude who took my keys, didn't give me a "roll Tide" but he DID snort, "Can you believe they got JAWJA at number one? That's a disgrace!!"

About 100 steps later heading toward the escalator, I got a guy with Tide watch on came up and fist bumped me and gave me the RTR.

Then the black gal at the TSA desk wanted to say it and tell me a story - about how they got their families for Xmas one year cowbells (they're State fans) but they had Alabama stickers and stuff on them. We were laughing.

And got it again at the gate.

Four times today. RTR

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
But the trip home today was different.

When I dropped off my rental car at the Memphis Airport, the first dude who took my keys, didn't give me a "roll Tide" but he DID snort, "Can you believe they got JAWJA at number one? That's a disgrace!!"

About 100 steps later heading toward the escalator, I got a guy with Tide watch on came up and fist bumped me and gave me the RTR.

Then the black gal at the TSA desk wanted to say it and tell me a story - about how they got their families for Xmas one year cowbells (they're State fans) but they had Alabama stickers and stuff on them. We were laughing.

And got it again at the gate.

Four times today. RTR
Must have been those fancy new sweatpants.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Have been told Roll Tide in a bar in Salt Lake city Utah, in Denver Colorado, etc. The brand is national.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.