Sure hope this was our “Bad Game” for 2017.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Your bad games end in 2 TD wins. Everyone else's bad games end in embarrassment.

Last edited:

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
Game was never in doubt. Offense basically shut it down in 4th quarter, content to burn clock...as they should.

Possession and field position is always key in these games vs LSU and will be against teams like Georgia...Didn't do enough this game, and there were some offensive line mistakes that hurt, but in large the defense didn't get off the field as quickly as it could've in this game. But LSU plays a deliberately slow style in order to try to prevent mistakes and keep the ball out of our hands, just so it can be close in the end, and usually it is. We play the same style in return, and for both teams to play that way and us to get 24 points rather easily, without really speeding up the tempo is a nice victory. Scoring 24 vs a team that physical and talented is a big score

I also remember a 3 score game that went away due to a missed assignment on 1 run play, that may have been aided by what should've been a penalty. You don't rack up 24 points playing in a game of this style vs a team as talented as LSU easily. What would've been bad "looking" at least is if we gave up more than 14 (maybe 17) to them.

Only thing worrying me are the injuries.
well said that's exactly how I'm feeling , just wishing we could've come out of the war a little less snake bit

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The only reason this team wouldn’t go 15-0 is the injuries. I’ve never seen anything quite like what’s effecting the defense this year, and yes I lived through the Shula era.

I’m done with L7U. On to the next.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
Man, where has everyone's perspective gone?

You think that just because Eaux is there they're suddenly not the second most talented team in the SEC?

I don't get it - they have two of the most respected coordinators in CFB, stocked with crazy NFL talent most everywhere, and for some reason most here seem to think if Bama doesn't beat LSU by more than the spread it's a terrible show.

Hint - this is the most physically talented team Bama will see in the regular season. Step back from the edge and enjoy the win. No, it wasn't perfect, but goodness it's incredible how spoiled some of you sound...
^^^^
This. Come on guys, you didn’t really think winning the SEC and another NC would be easy, didya? A wise man once called such thinking “rat poison.” 😉

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Man, where has everyone's perspective gone?

You think that just because Eaux is there they're suddenly not the second most talented team in the SEC?

I don't get it - they have two of the most respected coordinators in CFB, stocked with crazy NFL talent most everywhere, and for some reason most here seem to think if Bama doesn't beat LSU by more than the spread it's a terrible show.

Hint - this is the most physically talented team Bama will see in the regular season. Step back from the edge and enjoy the win. No, it wasn't perfect, but goodness it's incredible how spoiled some of you sound...
L7U sure does get up for the Bama game but, we're almost always ahead of it and know it. That was a great win. The injuries suck but that's part of the game. I'm certain no one does a better job of preventing injuries than what our staff does. It just happens.

I predicted by 20 points but if we could beat L7U by 1 point every game forever, I would be ecstatic :) Style points are nice but W's COUNT!

They have talent and will never be an SEC cupcake team.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Always having LSU after the Bye with them also having a Bye will do that.
Watched the first part of Ogre-on’s PC.

He made clear they spent the whole two weeks prepping for us. Saban took the better (IMO) route as it’s my understanding he spends the first week working “the rest of the season” (if I recall the phrase he used) and the second week working on the corndogs.

It’s a “big picture” strategy, but at times in the first half I think LSU looked better prepared mentally than we did.

As others note, and I agree, clearly the most talented team we see in the regular season, and clearly some great coordinators.

And as usual, we got their “super bowl” level performance just like always. If LSU played every game at that level they’d be 7-1 right now.

But we had plenty of mental errors; for one example: how we Ever can totally fail to block the best guy in their team, Key, wow. That’s a head scratcher. He’s effective enough when we Do try to block him!!!

Clearly, Jalen had a AMAZING performance (as did JK Scott). All I’m saying is, maybe not our best TEAM outing. Yes, opponent quality has a lot to do with that. All I’m saying is, this wasn’t the 2011 LSU or 2008 UF team we were lined up against.

Officiating, as has (sadly) become the norm for us, again played a huge role last night. The Long wildcat run worked ONLY because of a blatant hold not called. Non-calls on LSux pass interference directly took one TD off the board and indirectly probably at least Two other scoring opportunities. I don’t think it’s an exaggeration in the least to say the officials narrowed the margin of victory by at least 21 points.

But all the above is “small potatoes” compared to the issue of injuries. We’ve now lost 4? Starting LB’s for the season? Not counting other guys hobbled or slowed. And if Minkah can’t go full speed at least by aubarn, IMO that’s every bit as big as the loss of EJ last year....

just my thoughts ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I'm really concerned about the injuries we are sustaining on defense. I have never seen anything like this. They are of the violent type injury as well, tear this break that. I only have 1 seasoned starter at LB now in Evans.

I don't know what the coaches will do but they need to figure out some way to get the offense back to scoring and taking pressure off the defense. We seemed content to play offense between the tackles last night and throw downfield. I don't know that we used all our weapons available to us. And I for the life of me can't figure why we don't have a screen game in our offense but it's too late in the season to get one now. But it sure would help our tackles to have one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I am just comfortable now. I was spoiled during the 70's with Coach Bryant. You never get a second chance to make a first impression and Coach Bryant spoiled a lot of us. LOL . RTR

There's your problem Audio. Saban has done as much with far more restrictions and people are just comfortable.

Can you name a team whose season would not be made if they defeated Alabama? There's not one. Alabama is the team that every other team on their schedule spends part of their practice every other week of the year watching film for. Alabama is the team every other team throws everything they have at them. Every week. Every play. Every game those Alabama kids have to withstand their opponent's absolute best effort to defeat them simply because they are Alabama. They still won by two touchdowns. Keep it real folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Game was never in doubt. Offense basically shut it down in 4th quarter, content to burn clock...as they should.
But three downs and punting is not burning the clock. Well, maybe I am wrong but I always thought burning the clock was making some first downs and running off three or four minutes at least.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.