Sure hope this was our “Bad Game” for 2017.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
We seem to play one or two most every year. (Which is Less than 90% of P-5 teams, IMO)
2009 it was USCe and UcheaT
2010, USCe and aub
2012 aTm
2013 aub
2014 & 15 old mess,
2016 Clempson. (And probably a few others I’m forgetting)

Hope this was our low point for 2017.

And please don’t bust me for disrespecting LSU - I’m not. They played a heck of a great game, easily their best overall performance so far this year.

But Let’s be honest about it - we helped.
Part is surely due to injuries, but part is inexplicable.

IMO, even though LSU played “over their heads” tonight, MSU is actually a better team than LSux, and aub is probably every bit as good as the corn dogs.

If we play up to our standard, we whip them both. But tonight, the team as a whole “IMO” didn’t.
And I’m very happy we still win. A better LSux team (like most of Les’ teams prior to 2015) would have whipped us tonight. “IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
We seem to play one or two most every year. (Which is Less than 90% of P-5 teams, IMO)
2010, USCe and aub
2012 aTm
2013 aub
2014 & 15 old mess,

And please don’t bust me for disrespecting LSU - I’m not. They played a heck of a great game, easily their best overall performance so far this year.

IMO, even though LSU played “over their heads” tonight, MSU is actually a better team than LSux, and aub is probably every bit as good as the corn dogs.

If we play up to our standard, we whip them both. But tonight, the team as a whole “IMO” didn’t.
And I’m very happy we still win. A better LSux team (like most of Les’ teams prior to 2015) would have whipped us tonight. “IMO

MSU is better than the LSU team they played earlier this year, but the team I saw play UMASS today is not as good as the one that played Bama today.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Good chance that Clanga didn't work much on UMASS this week...their whole season goals hinge on Bama next week.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
2010, USCe and aub
2012 aTm
2013 aub
2014 & 15 old mess,

What part was inexplicable ?

This was not a "bad game", it was a solid win over a good team who was playing its heart out. Not scintillating, but effective. Jalen threw the ball well. The D handled LSU's O with all of its motion and sweeps reasonably well. Bama was never in danger and had control of the game throughout against the best team they've played to date. IMO, this LSU is better than current MSU.

One can only be disappointed if they thought Bama was unbeatable or even elite. It is neither. The bad competition fooled some. Jalen and the D are key. Bama will not face a D coached as well as this one the rest of the year. Better maybe, but not as well coached.

This version of LSU's team would have been undefeated coming into this game.

My only complaint is that it seems Ray, Williams and Moses should play more. But maybe they just make big plays, but don't or can't always do their jobs on a consistent basis - I don't know.

This was a good win, but Bama must continue to "play" to win the rest of the year.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The LSU-Bama rivalry is like the Steelers-Ravens rivalry in which the game never plays out like it should because of talent and physical play. I would take this game with a grain of salt.

Msu is always a tough out down there for us. I would say a 35-20 type victory with the end result never really in doubt.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Man, where has everyone's perspective gone?

You think that just because Eaux is there they're suddenly not the second most talented team in the SEC?

I don't get it - they have two of the most respected coordinators in CFB, stocked with crazy NFL talent most everywhere, and for some reason most here seem to think if Bama doesn't beat LSU by more than the spread it's a terrible show.

Hint - this is the most physically talented team Bama will see in the regular season. Step back from the edge and enjoy the win. No, it wasn't perfect, but goodness it's incredible how spoiled some of you sound...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
OK, we didn't play as well as we could have. Part on us, part on L7U.

But, did anyone ever think the game was in doubt?

Yes, yes, TOP, yardage gained, 3rd down conversions, and what-not, in their favor. Not to mention one big busted play.

Never a doubt.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I am just comfortable now. I was spoiled during the 70's with Coach Bryant. You never get a second chance to make a first impression and Coach Bryant spoiled a lot of us. LOL . RTR
Man, where has everyone's perspective gone? I am just comfortable now. I was spoiled during the 70's with Coach Bryant. You never get a second chance to make a first impression and Coach Bryant spoiled a lot of us. LOL . RTR

You think that just because Eaux is there they're suddenly not the second most talented team in the SEC?

I don't get it - they have two of the most respected coordinators in CFB, stocked with crazy NFL talent most everywhere, and for some reason most here seem to think if Bama doesn't beat LSU by more than the spread it's a terrible show.

Hint - this is the most physically talented team Bama will see in the regular season. Step back from the edge and enjoy the win. No, it wasn't perfect, but goodness it's incredible how spoiled some of you sound...

tidefan82

1st Team
Aug 16, 2000
Opp,Alabama,U.S.
I counted 5 LSU pass interference non-calls by the refs. Most of these were for 30 yards or more. Two would have been Bama touchdowns. Our middle linebacker was tackled on their long run up the middle. One of the worst officiated games I have seen in a long time. One sided.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Funny. I thought the team as a whole had a down game but came away feeling optimistic(apart from injuries). IMO that was one of, if not the, most impressive passing performances by Jalen in his career. Especially if you adjust for competition level.

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.
The LSU-Bama rivalry is like the Steelers-Ravens rivalry in which the game never plays out like it should because of talent and physical play. I would take this game with a grain of salt.

Msu is always a tough out down there for us. I would say a 35-20 type victory with the end result never really in doubt.
I've often thought this game has taken over the old Bama-UT games of the 80's-90's. UT used to play us like LSU has of late. Especially since Chief was UTs and LSUs DC for a time.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
A 14 point win. An ending that was never in question. Against a team witg as much talent as amy in the league.

Frustrating game not really a bad game. Except for injuries and the olines inconsistency

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Funny. I thought the team as a whole had a down game but came away feeling optimistic(apart from injuries). IMO that was one of, if not the, most impressive passing performances by Jalen in his career. Especially if you adjust for competition level.
Yes, especially considering he got hosed by the refs on several calls and his receivers had multiple drops that should have been big plays. Devonta Smith couldn't catch a cold tonight for some reason.

nickcut

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 3, 2015
I truly believe you could go back and read post-LSU game threads from the last 7 years and see the same post. Maybe it is the bye-week, maybe it's LSU, but our offense never seems to click against them. I'm used to it by now and I'm happy with the win.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Well this thread topic is full of derp. The game was never in question. Never. I’ll take a 14 point over LSU, UT or AU any day no matter how it happened.

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
Game was never in doubt. Offense basically shut it down in 4th quarter, content to burn clock...as they should.

Possession and field position is always key in these games vs LSU and will be against teams like Georgia...Didn't do enough this game, and there were some offensive line mistakes that hurt, but in large the defense didn't get off the field as quickly as it could've in this game. But LSU plays a deliberately slow style in order to try to prevent mistakes and keep the ball out of our hands, just so it can be close in the end, and usually it is. We play the same style in return, and for both teams to play that way and us to get 24 points rather easily, without really speeding up the tempo is a nice victory. Scoring 24 vs a team that physical and talented is a big score

I also remember a 3 score game that went away due to a missed assignment on 1 run play, that may have been aided by what should've been a penalty. You don't rack up 24 points playing in a game of this style vs a team as talented as LSU easily. What would've been bad "looking" at least is if we gave up more than 14 (maybe 17) to them.

Only thing worrying me are the injuries.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.