Some clarity for the eeyores...

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Re: Some clarity for the eyeores...

It's really pretty basic at this point - win or go home. As long as we win, we'll be ranked in the top 4 and will be in the playoffs. OTOH, if we lose to MSU, AU, or even UGA in the SECCG, we'll drop out of sight. Everyone has "Bama fatigue." If we lose, we'll be behind every other one-loss team in the nation. Bye-bye playoffs.

I think we'll beat MSU and AU. I'm not quite so confident about UGA. We'll see how things shake out. Should be fun from here on out.
Totally disagree. No 1 loss team would be ranked ahead of us of we lose 1 other than maybe ND. And only them if GA continues to win.

I think we are still in the playoff with 1 loss regardless of other teams.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina

Totally disagree. No 1 loss team would be ranked ahead of us of we lose 1 other than maybe ND. And only them if GA continues to win.

I think we are still in the playoff with 1 loss regardless of other teams.
I agree here. Short of getting drubbed in one of our remaining games, one loss and we are probably in a good position.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

To some degree, we've been processed as fans - we want the team to fulfill its potential each week. Coach wants the same thing, best as I can tell. The margin of victory isn't that big to me, I just want to see minimal mistakes.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004

I agree here. Short of getting drubbed in one of our remaining games, one loss and we are probably in a good position.
Assuming we lose to UGA by more than 1 point, ND will be ahead of us.

Assuming Clemson finishes the season with 1 loss by 3 points, they would be ahead of us.

After that you could have Oklahoma with one loss, an undefeated Wisconsin, Miami with 1 loss (to Clemson in the ACC championship), TCU and Washington with 1 loss....

OK, so we probably wouldn't be below all other 1-loss teams. But there's a good chance we'd not make the final 4. An undefeated Wisconsin or a 1-loss Miami could very likely be ahead of us. I just think a lot of people are tired of seeing Bama in the playoffs, especially with a loss on the books.

Just sayin'...

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

Y'all are right that there is Bama fatigue in the college football nation as a whole. But Bama fans and the CFPC have shown no symptoms in the previous 3 1/2 seasons. In fact, the CFPC has been maybe too high on Bama at times. Contrary to the conspiracy theorists and cynics, I believe the Committee is actually trying to select the best teams and have seen nothing to contradict that. I agree they've had it pretty easy to this point, but IMO, all of their choices have been reasonable and defensible. I've certainly seen no Bama fatigue.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

Assuming we lose to UGA by more than 1 point, ND will be ahead of us.

Assuming Clemson finishes the season with 1 loss by 3 points, they would be ahead of us.

After that you could have Oklahoma with one loss, an undefeated Wisconsin, Miami with 1 loss (to Clemson in the ACC championship), TCU and Washington with 1 loss....

OK, so we probably wouldn't be below all other 1-loss teams. But there's a good chance we'd not make the final 4. An undefeated Wisconsin or a 1-loss Miami could very likely be ahead of us. I just think a lot of people are tired of seeing Bama in the playoffs, especially with a loss on the books.

Just sayin'...
Miami will not be one loss. They will be 2 loss ( Notre Dame and Pitt) and will beat Clemson in the ACC championship game leaving that conference with a 2 loss championship.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Miami will not be one loss. They will be 2 loss ( Notre Dame and Pitt) and will beat Clemson in the ACC championship game leaving that conference with a 2 loss championship.
that would be awesome.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

We could always start gracing the extreme eeyores with temporary avatars on gameday when they get too carried away. :)

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I support this prediction even if I think its unlikely.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

Bama needs to win out,then no matter what others do we will beat thim in playoff and win number 17. Bama can make this easy by just beating anyone they put in top 4. And barring a bunch more injuries we should be able to beat anyone they put in.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

As much as it pains me to quote Lou Holtz, he was right. We don't have to be the best team in football every week -- just the winning team in the stadium.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

As much as it pains me to quote Lou Holtz, he was right. We don't have to be the best team in football every week -- just the winning team in the stadium.
He also pointed out that teams do not remain the same from week to week - they change, sometime improving, and sometimes not. Coaches really do not know what team will take the field on a given Saturday. All they can do is try to get the best out of the team that happens to take the field on that day.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

We could always start gracing the extreme eeyores with temporary avatars on gameday when they get too carried away. :)

I love the eeyore with the script A avatar. I don't read the game day threads much because I could really see how those could go south quickly, but if these avatars would be assigned to posters during the thread I might just show up to read the fireworks happen.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

And for the "sunshine pumpers with their crimson colored glasses"' don't want them to feel left out.

Last edited:

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
#6 Ohio State 24 #7 Penn State 24
#24 Mich State 27 UR Iowa 55
-------------------------------------------------

Those two games caught me by surprise. The Oklahoma game tied 36? all at half and close to the end is also eye opening. If not for our injuries we may be far and away the best team....if we play our best.

My wish is to win out, but also play our best games here at the end. Last year our fans were worried about Louisville at one point.

I don't remember watching a single Bama game this year I felt we wouldn't win. The closest for me was probably the FSU game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.