#2 Georgia - 24
(unranked) USCe - 10

#2 Alabama - 24
#19 LSU- 10

#3 Note Dame - 48
(unranked) Wake Forest - 37

#4 Clemson - 38
#20 - NC State - 31

One of these is not like the others - two had 'meh' wins against unranked opponents, while the one other team (Clemson) who played a ranked opponent escaped (literally, if you watched the game) with a victory. Bama won handily, against the highest ranked team of the top four.

Wake up and enjoy it. Bama may or may not win the NC this year, but goodness. enjoy this while it lasts, because many of us recall a time when games against the #19 ranked team in the country were 'hopefuls' instead of 'how much will we win by'....

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Re: Some clarity for the eyeores...

We have folks that either don't remember, blocked out or were not of age between CPB and 1992, then 1993 to CNS. Does anyone have footage of Clappy McClapper or maybe an old "Fear the Thumb" T shirt?

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

Post of the week.

The game tonight was never in question. Never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Did anyone notice we made a 40 yard FG in the 4th qtr with the game still somewhat in doubt ? That's gotta be a positive.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

To me the main issue will be in the injuries. On a week where we hear that two injured linebackers might return this season, we're faced with the prospect of Alabama losing two more. I might add that the loss of SDH last season was a part of losing the final game (his presence would have made a difference). If those two guys end up being out for the year, it is time to hope for some sort of miraculous recovery.

That aside, from these weird stagnant periods Daboll seems to go through, where he insists on trying things that don't seem to be working (like slow developing pass plays in the face of a strong pass rush), the team looked very good. I said all along LSU was talented and stacked up to Alabama physically. Fortunately Alabama outplayed them where it counted most.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

The only bad thing about this game was all the injuries. We have lost all 4 starting linebackers. That is insane. I hope some guys step up.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States

The three and outs on offense was the big problem last night in my opinion. 6 or 7 of them if I remember correctly. The defense played great and special teams did as well. The offense always seems to get out of sink after a bye week for some reason. Maybe it is because of LSU? I don't know but one less 3 and out against Clemson in the championship game last January and we would be talking about a three-peat. Clemson was not the best team in the country last year! The last 2 or 3, three and outs looked to me to be conservative play calling not to lose!!

I suppose with as great a defense as we have the coaches are more comfortable with the defense on the field than the offense which I don't fully understand. Our offense has not been turnover prone this year and the defense is taking a beating!!

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

To me the main issue will be in the injuries. On a week where we hear that two injured linebackers might return this season, we're faced with the prospect of Alabama losing two more. I might add that the loss of SDH last season was a part of losing the final game (his presence would have made a difference). If those two guys end up being out for the year, it is time to hope for some sort of miraculous recovery.

That aside, from these weird stagnant periods Daboll seems to go through, where he insists on trying things that don't seem to be working (like slow developing pass plays in the face of a strong pass rush), the team looked very good. I said all along LSU was talented and stacked up to Alabama physically. Fortunately Alabama outplayed them where it counted most.
This..,I think everyone is happy with the win. It's the injuries that most are concerned with. As Jess said in his post game wrapup, this was a win....but a costly one.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

This..,I think everyone is happy with the win. It's the injuries that most are concerned with. As Jess said in his post game wrapup, this was a win....but a costly one.
Have you read this board ?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

The injuries concern me going forward, but not the game itself. Yes, the stats were close and it was just a 14 point win. But anybody who watched the game knows it was never really in doubt.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

The injuries concern me going forward, but not the game itself. Yes, the stats were close and it was just a 14 point win. But anybody who watched the game knows it was never really in doubt.
My problem - many think that a loss is now inevitable. It is not. If any team/coach can handle this, Alabama/Saban can. I won't give up until they do, and I don't see than happening.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

My problem - many think that a loss is now inevitable. It is not. If any team/coach can handle this, Alabama/Saban can. I won't give up until they do, and I don't see than happening.
yeah, the pearl clutching is getting tedious. it's pretty much the same folks that showed up after colorado state and a and m saying it was inevitable that we would lose.

Last edited:

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

This game seemed very much like fsu , great win over a hard talented team.. but man ...losing two linebackers again.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

Of course I have, I haven't found anyone yet that wished we wouldn't have won .
You said, "everyone is happy with the win". That would normally be taken as they are happy with how the win transpired. But you are saying happy that Bama won. I never dreamed that anyone on a Bama board would not be happy that Bama won. But I was referring to the fact that many are not happy with how Bama won. Just a misunderstanding.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.