Rumor: Sounds like Gruden might be replacing Botch at tennessee

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Re: Sounds like Gruden might be replacing Botch at tennessee

Not to hijack the thread. But if he actually takes the job it tells me there are more major, major (possibly crippling) changes coming to ESPN.

But either way I don't think Gruden has the "Saban" impact. I don't care what their crazy fans think. Saban is a generational coach. Gruden is not.
it has already circulated that another round of cuts is coming to ESPN and another round of firings.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

If Gruden is wearing an orange tie and tells Sean McDonough he has "a purtty mouth" on Monday Night Football tonight, that is code to AD John Currie "I'm coming yonder....."

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

If Gruden is wearing an orange tie and tells Sean McDonough he has "a purtty mouth" on Monday Night Football tonight, that is code to AD John Currie "I'm coming yonder....."
If he holds one finger up and starts licking it talking about eating a win then we know he's staying.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

Now hearing this will be announced this week...
The only way this happens is if Gruden is worried about the cutbacks @ ESPN. And, that could be a distinct possibility for the sports social justice warriors.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

Still don't get hiring a guy that has been out of coaching altogether over 10 yrs and out of college coaching almost 30 yrs. And no HC experience at all in college.
Being out of coaching for a whole worked for Vermeil and the Rams.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Can’t wait for Chucky to make his appearance tonight on MNF in those orange & white checkered overalls singing “Rocky Top” at the top of his lungs...

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

You.Have.Got.To.Be.Kidding. He hasn't coached a team in years -- or been a college coach for decades. I think this will be like Spurrier coaching @ USCeast...lots of smoke and mirrors, but not one championship...not one.

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL

You.Have.Got.To.Be.Kidding. He hasn't coached a team in years -- or been a college coach for decades. I think this will be like Spurrier coaching @ USCeast...lots of smoke and mirrors, but not one championship...not one.
Sounds like you don’t want this to happen? We’re not hiring him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

What ya bet most of those old tube tvs up there in east tennessee are tuned into MNF listening for Gruden to offer some hidden hint that he's coming???

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Waiting for the announcement...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

There is absolutely no way that John Gruden is stupid enough to take the job. My goodness.
It's a win/win either way. If he doesn't it'll kill 'em, if he does they'll get all excited and act like they are back and then they'll get their heart ripped out.

I kinda hopes he takes the job!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

It's a win/win either way. If he doesn't it'll kill 'em, if he does they'll get all excited and act like they are back and then they'll get their heart ripped out.

I kinda hopes he takes the job!
Moon....he could say on television tomorrow, "I want to coach again".....and half the teams in the NFL would beat any offer UT could put on the table, and he would have NO recruiting, no 18-22's, simply have to coach professionals and utilize his skills.
He's not gonna coach the Vols.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

10rc should be wanting a 100% homerun hire. Mullens unless they know he is Florida bound or maybe Jimbo or Petrino.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

There is absolutely no way that John Gruden is stupid enough to take the job. My goodness.
Maybe it's Jay Gruden, not Jon - got the ideal CV for taking over in Poxville, having coached at a lot of bush league venues, up to and including his current position where he's a losing NFL head coach. And where his S&C coach is Jon Gruden II, a/k/a Deuce Gruden - so maybe the next UcheaT hire could be a family affair a la the Kiffins after all...

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina

Not to hijack the thread. But if he actually takes the job it tells me there are more major, major (possibly crippling) changes coming to ESPN.
He would make more money at any NFL city, have less headache and not have to pull 31 of his teeth to fit in.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.