Rumor: Sounds like Gruden might be replacing Botch at tennessee

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I think Les would be a good hire at UT, personally. Is he a sexy hire? Maybe not. But he'd recruit well and field a physical competitive team. They could (and probably will) do way worse.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
If they hire Mike Leach, they'll put some points up. However they will not play defense. Remember when we played Texas Tech in a bowl game? I wonder if he still has those large splits between offensive lineman? Tennessee won't sign an elite RB if Leach is their guy.
Leach would never survive at a high pressure media intensive job. I really don't think he's a realistic candidate for any SEC job.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
If they hire Mike Leach, they'll put some points up. However they will not play defense. Remember when we played Texas Tech in a bowl game? I wonder if he still has those large splits between offensive lineman? Tennessee won't sign an elite RB if Leach is their guy.
Yeah, I needed all my fingers plus a few toes to count all the points we scored on the Sand Aggies’ porous D in that Cotton Bowl...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Yeah, I needed all my fingers plus a few toes to count all the points we scored on the Sand Aggies’ porous D in that Cotton Bowl...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing.

Plus, seven of them were the result of a missed call. Our WR (Keith Brown, maybe?) scored on a short pass to the flat that he broke for a long run and the TD.

Replays showed his knee was down when he caught it. Thank goodness it was before official review.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Leach would never survive at a high pressure media intensive job. I really don't think he's a realistic candidate for any SEC job.
I think Leach would be fine. His AD, on the other hand, would look like Fred Sanford about 3 or 4 times a week . . .

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Leach can't go anywhere that expects to win big every year. People would tire of his "meme coach" mentality.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.