Rumor: Sounds like Gruden might be replacing Botch at tennessee - Page 7
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Re: Sounds like Gruden might be replacing Botch at tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    He seemed to think Justin Fuente was the man.
    Another who ain't up to replacing the coach he's taken over for at VaTech, but who would be totally up (or down) to "replacing" Botch on the level of unmet expectations. Justin, come on down to Toxville, Knennessee! - particularly in light of your "signature" successes so far in Blacksburg...

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    IOW, Harbaugh won with the players Brady Hoke recruited and left him in Ann Arbor?
    Yes -- with players who underachieved under Hoke and were pretty awesome under Harbaugh.

Same thing that happened with the 49ers... Harbaugh gets a lot out of his guys.

Quote Originally Posted by UntouchableCrew View Post
    Yes -- with players who underachieved under Hoke and were pretty awesome under Harbaugh.

He took over Michigan in 2015. Because of the uncertainty around Hoke's future, the 2014 class was weaker than the 2013 and 2012 classes. In those two, he finished with the #6 and #4 classes in the nation. His four recruiting classes averaged #15. He signed two 5*s, 46 4*s, and 39 3*s. Harbaugh might get more out of his guys. Or he might have inherited a talented roster full of RS Sophomores and Juniors.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame CoastGhost's Avatar

If Gruden wants to coach college ball, why would he choose to live in Knottsville

as opposed to Gainesville

?

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

I listen to Chris Childers and Rick Neuheisel every morning on Sirius College Sports.
    Today Childers said, "Rick won't be here today, he's in Knoxville, Tennessee, take that anywhere you want to go with it"...
    I have no idea if there's any legs to this at all, but thought I'd report it...

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I listen to Chris Childers and Rick Neuheisel every morning on Sirius College Sports.
    Today Childers said, "Rick won't be here today, he's in Knoxville, Tennessee, take that anywhere you want to go with it"...
    Would be interesting fit.

Not sure he would tell that if he was interviewing

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterpop View Post
    Would be interesting fit.

Not sure he would tell that if he was interviewing
    I'm surprised that he even told where Rick was...and by the way.....I like Neuheisel as a commentator, he's really good in my opinion

If he is really interviewing, I seriously doubt heíd let it be mentioned on his radio show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    No way it was because of a job interview. For one, probably wouldn't be in Knoxville anyway. Would probably meet people elsewhere to discuss it. Plus, Childers wouldn't openly say it if it was true.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    I just talked with my most connected UT guy and he expressed the same concerns about Gruden that have been mentioned here. Hasnít coached in 19 years, not a recruiter, can he develop talent. He seemed to think Justin Fuente was the man. Who knows? Iím not sure how reliable my friendís information is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I don't know about Gruden but I can't see Justin Fuente going from VT to UT. He has got the VT program turned around and performing well in the ACC. He will be fine in that job as long as he can win 8 or 9 games a year. At UT, he would be expected to win the SEC and get in the playoffs. Tennessee is going to be a rebuild again but it's not as bad Butch Jones had.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    No way it was because of a job interview. For one, probably wouldn't be in Knoxville anyway. Would probably meet people elsewhere to discuss it. Plus, Childers wouldn't openly say it if it was true.

One would certainly think not...

BamaNation All-American Go Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    I don't know about Gruden but I can't see Justin Fuente going from VT to UT. He has got the VT program turned around and performing well in the ACC. He will be fine in that job as long as he can win 8 or 9 games a year. At UT, he would be expected to win the SEC and get in the playoffs. Tennessee is going to be a rebuild again but it's not as bad Butch Jones had.
    UT fans feel like they have talent there now. Theyíve recruited well and have the expectation that with the right coach they can win next year. Their team has been decimated with injuries. They need to find a QB with their new coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UntouchableCrew View Post

When Michigan has a head coach who "gets a lot out of his guys", is good at managing his coaches and the game, and is a good recruiter Michigan is a perennial National Championship contender.

Michigan hasn't been a legitimate National Championship contender in quite some time.

Talk to me once they win their own division, much less win a Big Ten Championship or make the College Football Playoff.

I don't care what Harbaugh did in the NFL; he's not coaching in the NFL. Just answer this question for me... How many years has he been a head coach at an FBS school and how many championships of any type has he won during that time.

:yawn:
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

Tradition is always under construction.
    - Nick Saban