Rumor: Sounds like Gruden might be replacing Botch at tennessee

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Re: Sounds like Gruden might be replacing Botch at tennessee

As long as we have Saban I do not care about any other SEC team. So far none of these coach's has been able to do much against Saban.The one constatn is Saban and Bama, all the others can hop from place to place, do not see any of the moves making much difference.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

Personally, I would love to see the puke orange meltdown that would happen if Gruden did come coach college football....for the Florida Gators!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Exactly my first question. I believe it's a Memorandum Of Understanding, aka the Letter Of Intent of the business world.
Sounds like an online "Pinky Swear"..LOL

Seriously though I hope Gruden becomes The Viles next HC & will be the next in line to be "Processed" no matter who it may be..

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

Gruden could be in a position to really get paid if he's let go at espn due to the ability to negotiate with FOX cbs, and NBC. He wouldn't be unemployed long.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

I still question wether Gruden could jump in anywhere and make a big difference. Dude has not coached in a while. Not sure what makes so many think he is so great. Guess it is like a backup QB, he is the best as he is not out there making mistakes. Rarely does the back up play as well as most project him to play.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Tennessee targeting New York Jets DC Kacy Rodgers for HC Job according to Saturday Down South article.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

That's crazy...I get the "big splash" with the name, but that's where my understanding ends...That being said, I don't have to "get it" to LIKE IT!!!
Yah, who knows if it happens, but the guy who told me this was told by his source (who works for Sexton) last Thursday that Botch would be fired Sunday AM.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

Am I wrong here, or are Tennessee fans just completely delusional about that they can get or "deserve" to have? You would think they were a team like Alabama with our history with the way they are insisting that only the top hire is good enough for them. Hint Vols: You aren't Bama.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Am I wrong here, or are Tennessee fans just completely delusional about that they can get or "deserve" to have? You would think they were a team like Alabama with our history with the way they are insisting that only the top hire is good enough for them. Hint Vols: You aren't Bama.
Well, it's weirder than that - not only do they think they're a destination, but they truly, honestly believe that Gruden will be their Saban.

Makes no sense to me for reasons I outlined in the OP - I just can't fathom how so many of them believe this would be a great hire...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Now hearing this will be announced this week...
Not to hijack the thread. But if he actually takes the job it tells me there are more major, major (possibly crippling) changes coming to ESPN.

But either way I don't think Gruden has the "Saban" impact. I don't care what their crazy fans think. Saban is a generational coach. Gruden is not.

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Still don't get hiring a guy that has been out of coaching altogether over 10 yrs and out of college coaching almost 30 yrs. And no HC experience at all in college.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Not to hijack the thread. But if he actually takes the job it tells me there are more major, major (possibly crippling) changes coming to ESPN.

But either way I don't Gruden has the "Saban" impact. I don't care what their crazy fans think. Saban is a generational coach. Gruden is not.
Might be some truth to the rumor ESPN is dropping MNF.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

Gruden's personality would be entertaining. Hiring him would create some splash for the SEC, at least initially. With the consensus being he's not that great of a coach to begin with, and with his obvious disconnect from the current college game...........I say, "Hire Him!" I see it as a win-win for us, and another long road of disappointments for the Vols.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.