Rumor: Sounds like Gruden might be replacing Botch at tennessee

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Re: Sounds like Gruden might be replacing Botch at tennessee

GMac in his best near-Rhodes Scholarly enunciation said last night on CFLive that the Brinks truck should pull up to Jimmy Yee-HAW (Hot Assistant Wives) Franklin's front door with $10M a year on offer. Maybe the espn calendar was reading April 1 or some kind of soylent orange had overcome McElroy in the makeup room, but it would be awfully nice to get Franklin back in the SEC and at another downtrodden program. I could see "Nineteenessee" before you know it...

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

GMac in his best near-Rhodes Scholarly enunciation said last night on CFLive that the Brinks truck should pull up to Jimmy Yee-HAW (Hot Assistant Wives) Franklin's front door with $10M a year on offer. Maybe the espn calendar was reading April 1 or some kind of soylent orange had overcome McElroy in the makeup room, but it would be awfully nice to get Franklin back in the SEC and at another downtrodden program. I could see "Nineteenessee" before you know it...
I think UT would take the result he's got a Penn State over what they've got lately.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Can you imagine Tennessee taking an ex Vandy coach? He would be an upgrade, but they would have to swallow some pride to do it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Can you imagine Tennessee taking an ex Vandy coach? He would be an upgrade, but they would have to swallow some pride to do it.
How much pride do they have left? They are 0-13 for the SEC in recent games against every team in the league.

I don't like Franklin, but they'd be lucky to get him IMO.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

How much pride do they have left? They are 0-13 for the SEC in recent games against every team in the league.

Enough that, when they were interviewing Gary Patterson a few years ago, they still thought they were "big time."

...and still think that.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

I think UT would take the result he's got a Penn State over what they've got lately.
Well yeah... I don't think there are many programs in the country who wouldn't be extremely happy with Franklin.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

I can’t imagine why Franklin would rather coach at UT than PSU. Clearly he has no PSU bias. Is Tennessee a better program than PSU?

Maybe he just likes the challenge of putting out dumpster fires.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

They still have plenty. I hope they hire a good high school coach to run their program. Maybe a few notches below Gerry Faust from Nortre Dame so they can lose forever.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Internet rumors talking about other internet rumors with nothing but unnamed sources all around. A typical day on the internet.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Why would Chucky want to coach at Rocky Flop. He makes plenty of money, travels around in limousines, gets pampered, and has a few tv appearances a week during the season. So why would he want to go to a 100 hour workweek plus mingle with boosters, recruiting on the road and at the garbage truck convention, plus tv time?

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA

But....but.....but did you see the way that raven flew over when Gruden said the word "Tennessee?" Not only that, but a hillside in the background had a slight orange tint while he was talking.

HE'S COMING! I JUST KNOW IT!!!!!

:eek2:

:rolleye2:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

But....but.....but did you see the way that raven flew over when Gruden said the word "Tennessee?" Not only that, but a hillside in the background had a slight orange tint while he was talking.

HE'S COMING! I JUST KNOW IT!!!!!

:eek2:

:rolleye2:
If you play any MNF broadcast backwards, he clearly says he will be Tennessee's coach and win his first 100 games and several national titles

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I think they end up going with Dan Mullen. He is a proven HC commodity and understands the sec.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

But do you think Mullen would go there? At this point, I don't see where UT would be an upward move. In the late 90's, sure, but not so much now.
Yes, it’s an upward move. More money, better facilities, name recognition just to name a few things. MSU is the hardest job with the worst facilities in the SECw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014

But do you think Mullen would go there? At this point, I don't see where UT would be an upward move. In the late 90's, sure, but not so much now.
I hate UT but they still have the potential to become relevant again. It was not tooooo long ago that people were saying the same thing about Bama.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Mullen ain’t going to Tennessee. MSU is actually a better job in many ways than Tennessee.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.