Franklin chases his players down to make them shake hands after loss

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
He lets players get away with rape but draws the line at poor sportsmanship. Seems legit...
I hadn’t heard of any rape allegations under Franklin’s tenure. I though the issue with Penn State was that during the Paterno era everyone from the coaches all the way up to the administration knew Jerry Sandusky was molesting kids and let him get away with it. Don’t misunderstand me, that alone is enough for me to pull against them forever amen. I just hadn’t heard anything like this about Franklin.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I hadn’t heard of any rape allegations under Franklin’s tenure. I though the issue with Penn State was that during the Paterno era everyone from the coaches all the way up to the administration knew Jerry Sandusky was molesting kids and let him get away with it. Don’t misunderstand me, that alone is enough for me to pull against them forever amen. I just hadn’t heard anything like this about Franklin.
There was a rape case at Vandy when he was there but let’s permit the accuser to establish the charge before dismissing it. The four players at Vandy were kicked off the team and out of school and Franklin contacted the victim to express prayers and support, not cover it up as even the Nashville DA admitted.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
The only problem I have with Franklin is maybe a personality mis-match.

But, otherwise, if he had to tell his players to grow up, then good on him. They should know by now but sometimes the game makes us all emotionally dysfunctional. Good on him to remind them.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Too bad he didn't exhibit the same concerns of class and sportsmanship when he was departing Vandy, maybe I'd think better of him - maybe.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Class move and you have to admit he has done a good bit to change Penn St, following a scandal that should have buried this program for at least a decade.I am impressed with his ability to get any player to come play there. I would not want my kid going to any school who had a pedophile scandal like that one.

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
One of the Sunday morning talking heads on WJOX made an off-hand comment that its hypocritical of CJF to call out a player for poor sportsmanship when he (according to this guy) called a timeout to ice the kicker from Georgia State while up 56-0 in order to try and preserve the shutout.

I can't speak to whether that's accurate or not, but if it is, I can see the guy's point. With all that said, it doesn't change the fact that PSU is a major choke artist whenever they seem to control their own destiny.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
One of the Sunday morning talking heads on WJOX made an off-hand comment that its hypocritical of CJF to call out a player for poor sportsmanship when he (according to this guy) called a timeout to ice the kicker from Georgia State while up 56-0 in order to try and preserve the shutout.

I can't speak to whether that's accurate or not, but if it is, I can see the guy's point. With all that said, it doesn't change the fact that PSU is a major choke artist whenever they seem to control their own destiny.
Oh it's very true. Franklin claimed he was upset because his guys were properly aligned for the kick, but the whole thing screamed "ice the kicker."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Can we please leave the vandy and rape case out of this. This thread is specifically about how he chased players to make them shake hands. I consider that classy move. Glad to see coaches believing in that.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Can we please leave the vandy and rape case out of this.
I wish I could but unfortunately when I see anything Penn State related it forces me to think about it in part because a good sized chunk of their fan base continue to support the people that helped victimize children.

A few handshakes don't make up for that in my mind and never will.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.