Looks Like Sumlin's Out (Rumor)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I would go after Chris Peterson if I wanted a sure thing. That guy can get it done with less talent. What would he do on a team with a built in recruiting advantage?

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I would go after Chris Peterson if I wanted a sure thing. That guy can get it done with less talent. What would he do on a team with a built in recruiting advantage?
He ain't leaving Washington unless they run him out of town. And, even if they did, he won't move east of the Rockies.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Talked to a dad whose son is being looked at by SMU. They were at the SMU game yesterday and word out of Dallas is Chad Morris to Aggies.
They can have him. Morris is an arrogant SOB from all accounts.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
He gone. Chad Morris would not be on the same level as Sumlin much less an improvement but I would welcome him to Aggieland :)
Yeah, I don't get the love affair with Chad Morris. I view him as a downgrade too. I get that he's a good ol' boy plugged into the Texas HS football scene but is there any evidence he's really that good of a coach?

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Off the top of my head and on the outside looking in -- but they need to either accept they are not a perennial champion or make a slam dunk hire.
Agree with this too. You'd think they were some blue blood who'd been competing for NC every year before Sumlin arrived. They're not, nor have they ever been. I know they've spent boat loads of money and moved to the SEC but they're still A&M -- and if they want to be that program why on earth are they hiring Chad Morris?

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Pretty sure he has a high medical requirement for one of his kids. Not sure what his kid has, but it requires a specific kind of medical treatment that not all hospitals carry. It came up when he was supposedly in the running for the Arkansas job that Bielema took.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Pretty sure he has a high medical requirement for one of his kids. Not sure what his kid has, but it requires a specific kind of medical treatment that not all hospitals carry. It came up when he was supposedly in the running for the Arkansas job that Bielema took.
It was the reason nobody thought he would leave Boise, but he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Yeah, I don't get the love affair with Chad Morris. I view him as a downgrade too. I get that he's a good ol' boy plugged into the Texas HS football scene but is there any evidence he's really that good of a coach?
Several of my Aggie buddies here in H'town want Morris. They see him as a slight risk, but at this point, does it matter? I hate it for Sumlin. I think he's a stand up guy. I hope he comes to T'town as an "analyst" for a year or two. I think he and his family would be nice additions.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
You would think with all the money A&M has, they could come up with a higher profile coach that the guy at SMU. Chip Kelly would probably be a good fit there with all the spread talent Sumlin recruited.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
You would think with all the money A&M has, they could come up with a higher profile coach that the guy at SMU. Chip Kelly would probably be a good fit there with all the spread talent Sumlin recruited.
Chip Kelly's name has come up for Florida and Tenesse also. He can only coach at one place so one winner and atleast 2 losers. I think Tenesse will definitely lose that battle if it's between them, Tamu and Florida. The question is would he go to UF or TAMU?

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I heard Saban to A&M? Jimmy Sexton said he wanted a challenge again.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
LSWho was interested in Jimbo as well, but he remained at F$U... I’m tired of hearing about how much $$$ Texas schools have.
He was headed to LSU until Joe Alleva botched the whole ordeal. The way things have gone this year in Tallahassee, I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I got to give Kevin Sumlin major props. this guy was able to milked Johnny Football as much as he could until the aggies admin and fans had enough. Sumlin's aggies haven't accomplished squat since his arrival other than to beat Alabama in 2012. But he has somehow received a fat contract and the athletic dept. was willing to upgrade the football facilities to keep up with the rest of the SEC. If it wasn't for a rich, fertile recruiting base in Texas, Sumlin's team would be devoid of any talent. And speaking of talent, he managed to drive away 2 5 star QBs in the same season all due to his guaranteed playing time mantra. Even his talented roster weren't enough to challenged the SEC West. That all falls on coaching, development, evaluation, and schemes. Yes Sumlin, I'm looking right at ya!

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
He was headed to LSU until Joe Alleva botched the whole ordeal. The way things have gone this year in Tallahassee, I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.
He'd be stupid to take that job and then have to play Bama and LSU every year. I think he'll get a pass at FSU this year because of the injury to Francois and the hurricane messing with the schedule.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.