What is the over/under before Donna Brazile has an "accident"

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I've said before, H was the candidate that the party "owed" the nomination to. She had carried the water for a long time. She had loyally stepped aside when an unknown swooped in at the last moment in 2008. This time, they "owed her" the nomination and the party nominated someone with very high negative ratings, someone that a bunch of Americans were just not going to vote for, even if the alternative was an abrasive immature clod.
Like Dole in 1996, to whom the Republicans "owed" the nomination, H also went down in defeat.
I would hope that both parties would learn that the nomination is not "owed" to anyone.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I've said before, H was the candidate that the party "owed" the nomination to. She had carried the water for a long time. She had loyally stepped aside when an unknown swooped in at the last moment in 2008. This time, they "owed her" the nomination and the party nominated someone with very high negative ratings, someone that a bunch of Americans were just not going to vote for, even if the alternative was an abrasive immature clod.
Like Dole in 1996, to whom the Republicans "owed" the nomination, H also went down in defeat.
I would hope that both parties would learn that the nomination is not "owed" to anyone.
There's always a lot of "next one up" with the political parties although the "next one up" for the "Rs" last time was probably JEB.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Don't forget McCain too.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I found this editorial interesting & informative. Nothing new revealed regarding power in a party. Money = power.

Here's the real bombshell revealed in Donna Brazile's book about the Dems - CNBChttps://apple.news/AQUdvQj7URBmPmCmkpsomLA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Well said TW and absolutely true. I have voted since Nixon vs Humphrey and can say without reservation that Trump and HC were the worst two choices in my lifetime and maybe in the future of American politics.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Well said TW and absolutely true. I have voted since Nixon vs Humphrey and can say without reservation that Trump and HC were the worst two choices in my lifetime and maybe in the future of American politics.
Irony is that Bernie was less moderate/more extreme than HRC, but Bernie would probably have beaten the Trumpster anyway.

Her negatives were sky-high and solid as a rock.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
for spilling the beans on the Clinton campaign railroading Bernie?
Donna Brazile might well have an accident, if you mean has an accident.

The notion of the Clinton Murder Incorporated nonsense would be amusing if it weren't so pathetic. I despise both of them to the depth of my soul but for Pete's sake, the very idea is ridiculous.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Not that I disagree with you regarding Dole, but....

1) He had spent YEARS in DC as a Senate leader
2) He had actually run and lost twice

The latter especially used to be important for the Republicans. Nixon lost in 60 and won in 68/72; Reagan lost in 76 and won in 80; Bush lost in 80 and won in 88; Dole lost in both 80 and 88 and won in 96.

Indeed, the only 'first time' candidates the GOP has nominated post-1964 were Bush 43 and Trump, who both won.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I just do not understand that at age 70+ the Clintons will not retire and go away and spend time with their daughter and grandchildren. The same applies to the Bushes. The country needs new leadership and new ideas, even a dumb arse like me understands this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.