Reminder: enjoy the ride, Alabama fans, this is a special run...

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Actually there have been 4. A 45-31 loss to Oklahoma after kick 6 was not included.

Still a pretty unbelievable record though when you think about it.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We have been very fortunate with injuries in the years we won the championships. This year has been a struggle since we have had to deal with injuries from the 1st game on, especially at LB. If we win it this year, it will have been his best job of coaching IMHO.
I have been fortunate enough be alive through 11 championships and believe me I appreciate every minute of them. My children have gotten to see what it was like when I was growing up when it seemed as if Coach Bryant had us in contention for a championship almost every year.

We need to appreciate it because one day, we will look back and see that this dynasty was probably the greatest ever for one team in the history of college sports. Coach Saban will be looked upon like John Wooden at UCLA when all is said and done.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I will never forget the Perkins years, the Curry years, Dubose, Shula, Fran (who was at least kinda ok). I have a high appreciation for where we are right now. I hope this ride never ends. But I know it eventually will.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
Actually there have been 4. A 45-31 loss to Oklahoma after kick 6 was not included.

Still a pretty unbelievable record though when you think about it.
That was a frustrating loss. They had no answer for Henry. Wish we would have left him in the game.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It’s sad but some can’t see the forest for the trees on here. I still remember 6 straight to Auburn and all that came with it. I can’t forget the dark ages.

Now we have people crying because our team is 9-0 but not the way they want them to be. What kind of crap is that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
I remember the Dark Days of 'Probation'... It wasn't pretty. Our Recruiting took a terrible hit. When we needed a Head Coach, the big name guys wouldn't touch our program with a 10 foot pole. Mike Shula took the job. IMO: CMS wasn't ready for the job, but he took it. His heart was in the right place. We lost a number of games we should have won.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Well... I am enjoying this era very much. I was in college at Bama in the mid seventies, and I think we may not have realized how great of an era were in then. I think folks my age thought the Bear would live forever. I have spoken to several folks about my age and we are enjoying every morsel of this Saban Dynasty.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Even without having to remember the "bad" years, this is the greatest run in college football history. Bama has been number one in the AP in each of the last 10 years, the 2nd most in history is Miami 7 consecutive years. Bama has lost more than 1 reg season game once in the last 10 years, even that year won 10 and finished in the top 10. Bama has been in the BCS/CFP race into Nov in each of the last 10 years, in 9 of the 10 years until the final game of the reg season. Only kids who aren't old enough to get a driver's license can remember even one year when Bama was not in contention late in the year. And all of this with Bama averaging playing 6 ranked teams a year. Programs boast and are greatly encouraged and regard it as a feather in their cap and feel that their program has turned a corner when they lose to Bama by only 14. It's unlikely that anyone will ever do this again, even at Bama. No one has ever done it before. Bama's name has become so iconic that foreign countries bring "We want Bama" signs into their soccer stadiums, as do NFL teams and sports other than football. "We want Bama" has become an English language idiom meaning "that one is ready to challenge the best", or a play on that. Alabama and its fans owe Coach Saban a debt that can never be repaid. His value to the University can't be quantified.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I absolutely am enjoying it, but Coach Saban's relentless drive for perfection rubs off on us. We want to see that all the time. The important thing for me to remember is that other teams recruit well, practice every week, and try real hard during the games. What's amazing to me is that no other CFB team, not one, has been consistently championship caliber over the past 10 years. Bama has.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
I was a sophomore in high school when Stallings won his title and I was content to die having seen one in my lifetime (I was two in '79). Any and everything Coach Saban has done since arriving is guilt free cake and ice cream with all the toppings I can handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know exactly what you mean. I was 19 in 1992. So I was content that I seen the '92 team win.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
What Bama fan does not remember the down years? Coach Saban has us on a far higher Tide and longer ride then ever before. I hope I live long enough to enjoy all the championships we win until the ride is over. We are about to face #16 Miss St and then FOUR top ten teams. With our depleted defense and OL problems I can't help but be concerned.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
The only line better than WE WANT BAMA, and it was way back in Bears early days winning. Green Bay packers coach Vince Lombardi was asked if he felt like a world champion after winning super bowl, he said, Not sure we have not played Alabama. Now that was a heck of a thing to say back then for him. He really admired Bear Bryant. I like the "we want bama" stuff, even by teams outside college football. What that really says is we want to beat the best, and many see Alabama as the best in all sports. Like the old yankees and how they just whipped everyone. Domination, Dynasty call it what you want, it is a great thing to be talked about like that especially in other sports. We reach beyond college football. ROLL TIDE and lets get 17 so we can ride this crimson waver a little longer.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I remember the 2008 Iron Bowl with Bama up 29-0 when Coach Saban got onto the punter for shanking a punt, saying, "Don't you know how much I hate these guys?"

Instant mancrush. I love that dude. Anybody that hates the Barn is alright by me.
Coach Saban was getting on the offense urging them not to let up.
Go to the point where the game clock is at 14:55 in the 4th quarter and the sideline woman (Tracy Wolfson, I think) is talking.
"If despising the Barn is wrong, I don't want to be right."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.