Link: CFN Bama vs MSU Game Preview

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
"Florida State and LSU were the only two times this year Bama didn’t run for 200 yards or more, and both games were struggles – and both games were double-digit wins."

Bama fans should bear this in mind when that fretful feeling starts to creep over them. Our 2 toughest games of the year were won by double digits.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Does anyone know much about the Mississippi State DBs? I have this feeling it could turn into a breakout game for Jalen's passing game. If they sell out to stop the run like LSU or are forced to at some point they don't have Arden Key or White to wreck our OL on passing plays and I don't think they have the CBs to cover our guys. I mean, if LSUs CBs can't cover these WRs then how is State going to?

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Does anyone know much about the Mississippi State DBs? I have this feeling it could turn into a breakout game for Jalen's passing game. If they sell out to stop the run like LSU or are forced to at some point they don't have Arden Key or White to wreck our OL on passing plays and I don't think they have the CBs to cover our guys. I mean, if LSUs CBs can't cover these WRs then how is State going to?
You answered your own question when you made the point about LSU's DBs. Our receivers, across the board are going to be better on every snap (that is to say there is so much talent that at least once receiver or tight end will be open on every passing play) and our QB is now to the stage where he can get it to them with more consistency and confidence. And when he tires of that he'll take a leisurely stroll through your front 7 and arrange a meet-n-greet with your secondary.

I honestly think the offense will play better this game and I think we can pass or run on them.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Just think back to what Jalen did to State last year.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Different DC this year but I don't really think much of Grantham. He's gonna blitz a lot though...if we move the pocket and Jalen can make some guys miss, it could be a big day for Hurts on the ground and/or air.

pjhBama

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 3, 2017
They've been gashed a lot this year. Especially against UGA and the barn.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Ed Orgeron stated in post game interview that he believe LSU DBs were going to be able to contained Bama WRs 1on1 while their front 7 was going to load the box. To his surprised, their DBs were not up to the task .

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I know it wasn't intentional, but seems every time someone makes a mistake regarding something positive about Alabama, they short change them. Happens all of the time, can't think of an exception. In this case Bama was on a 28 game win streak not 21.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Just think back to what Jalen did to State last year.
He lit them up; best passing performance of his career.
28/37347yds9.4yds per comp4TD1int ; I really thought it was the breakout that would make us unbeatable the rest of the way.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.