Time to Change the name of the Weather Channel

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The sad thing is that most cannot admit the greater problem behind Global Warming.
The sad thing is that no one has a solution. Beyond -- throwing money at a problem we don't know how to fix.

Make it stop warming -- go ahead.....I dare you ;)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I hold judgement on this subject. Have been compelled both directions. I refer myself to the wisdom of Bertrand Russell on the subject. I won't post the quote here since I'm sure that someone might think I'm calling them something bad, which I'm not. Short version, be full of doubt.
I'm not saying it's not warming. Not saying it isn't.

Personally I think we are going through a cycle that is beyond our comprehension. It's some combination of distance/sun/axis/angle thing -- otherwise how can we have less Arctic Ice, more Antarctic Ice -- and a smaller Ozone hole at the South Pole? But, that's just me.

I just think that we have zero idea of how to fix it. Zero. The best we can even hint at, is possibly "Possibly" "POSSIBLY" slowing it down. And yet, no one can even make a claim that will indeed happen. Plus -- how do we know what will happen if we do slow it down. What long-term ramifications will take place if we try to alter a path that's supposed to happen.

Maybe warming will lead to new plant species, one that will cure a future disease. Who knows? No one..... and that's ultimately the point.

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
I'm not saying it's not warming. Not saying it isn't.

Personally I think we are going through a cycle that is beyond our comprehension. It's some combination of distance/sun/axis/angle thing -- otherwise how can we have less Arctic Ice, more Antarctic Ice -- and a smaller Ozone hole at the South Pole? But, that's just me.

I just think that we have zero idea of how to fix it. Zero. The best we can even hint at, is possibly "Possibly" "POSSIBLY" slowing it down. And yet, no one can even make a claim that will indeed happen. Plus -- how do we know what will happen if we do slow it down. What long-term ramifications will take place if we try to alter a path that's supposed to happen.

Maybe warming will lead to new plant species, one that will cure a future disease. Who knows? No one..... and that's ultimately the point.

This exactly.

We are in the infancy of investigation into a phenomenon. It would be wise to study and re-study, question data scope (sample size), interpretation, etc.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
That's nothing.......how about the fact that one has posted a pic of Stephanie Abrams!?!

Now that is what is disappointing! :wink:

Not shabby at all.

Dylan Dreyer is the one that changes my climate over on NBC.

And just because this post is useless without pics.

I'll never forget the weather this day. It was very weathery.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
We are in the infancy of investigation into a phenomenon. It would be wise to study and re-study, question data scope (sample size), interpretation, etc.
Instead we're saying "Screw that noise! Pollute like crazy! Who cares what our children may end up with! Whoo! Money! MAGA!"

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
It's been my understanding, from reading what scientists say, that the sun is the biggest factor in our changing weather patterns. Other factors such as the earth's wobble, volcanoes, the magnetic field, and perhaps what man does, play a smaller role.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Since we already have a thread on climate change I vote we make this the "rename a tv station" thread. I'm sure it'll create a lot of snide back and forth but it will be fun.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I'm not saying that and don't know anyone who does. I would like to know what the solution is. Care to tell?
I don't know them personally either, but they're up there in Washington DC pretty often.

And I'll never tell.

Although the solution might actually be the direct quote I listed above because we'll get to party it up, kill ourselves off and then Earth can move on to try again.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I don't know them personally either, but they're up there in Washington DC pretty often.

And I'll never tell.

Although the solution might actually be the direct quote I listed above because we'll get to party it up, kill ourselves off and then Earth can move on to try again.
Well, the solution was ethanol .... or maybe it was just another government lie/failure. I think we all know the answer to that. Maybe the next time will be the charm.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
We lost Sheena Parveen to a Washington station last year. The weather here has just not been the same since she left Philly.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
The Day After the Day After Tomorrow

In an area of West Antarctica called Marie Byrd Land, the ice sheet seems to have a mind of its own, rising and falling by as much as 20 feet over relatively short periods of time. NASA’s newest research effort has demonstrated that the reason for this odd behavior is likely to be an incredibly hot mantle plume deep under the surface.

A mantle plume, which is an area where geothermal heat generated deep within the planet pushes closer to the surface through cracks other gaps, is thought to be responsible for huge subsurface lakes and water flow underneath the ice sheet. Because the geothermal activity isn’t constant, the water comes and goes, filling and draining, which in turn affects the height of the ice sheet far above it.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/somethin...g-antarctica-below-nasa-thinks-180655776.html

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I hold judgement on this subject. Have been compelled both directions. I refer myself to the wisdom of Bertrand Russell on the subject. I won't post the quote here since I'm sure that someone might think I'm calling them something bad, which I'm not. Short version, be full of doubt.
i wouldn't worry about it too much. i had the quote in my signature for years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.