Time to Change the name of the Weather Channel

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
To The Climate Channel. After all they keep telling us that climate and weather are two different things. Either start a Climate Channel or change the name.

If we are going to give ESPN so much grief over political slant, shouldn't some grief be given to Cantore and crew?

https://weather.com/science/environ...wood-florida-nuisance-flooding-climate-change

Gotta love the 13 and 14 year old experts they interviewed...

“I’m just scared that the sea levels will rise and Florida will be gone,” 13-year-old student Rebecca Adler told the Sun-Sentinel. “It could happen if we ignore the fact of climate change. It’s only going to get worse.”

On a list of 25 cities most vulnerable to climate change by 2050, every city in the top 10 is in Florida, with the exception of New York City, which holds the number one spot.

Today 3.5 million people in the Sunshine State are at risk due to flooding and by 2050, an additional 1.1 million are forecasted to be threatened by sea level rise, according to Climate Central.

Florida’s coastal floodplain area is also expected to expand by mid-century. Currently, the state has more than 3,600 miles of land in floodplain areas and by 2050 that amount is expected to surge to 5,300 square miles due to sea level rise, Climate Central reports.

“If we don’t do something, then future generations may not be able to come back to the places where we are being raised,” 14-year-old Meagan Jacobowitz told the Sun-Sentinel.
"Raised" indeed.....more accurate than she will ever know

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don’t think I’ve ever watched the Weather Channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
To The Climate Channel. After all they keep telling us that climate and weather are two different things. Either start a Climate Channel or change the name.

If we are going to give ESPN so much grief over political slant, shouldn't some grief be given to Cantore and crew?
Reality is not a political wedge. I abhor Fox and the GOP for nurturing a culture of ignorance for so long. Rejecting scientific fact is not a valid political stance.

Now, determining the proper response to scientific fact is a valid political topic. But accepting the reality of climate change cannot continue to be seen as partisan.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
What does the Climate Channel propose will hold back the seas? I’m sure their scientists have studied the situation extensively and have just the recipe for freezing current sea levels or maybe even reducing them a tad for beachgoers. Easy right? If we do x and y and z, then sea levels will never rise again. Surely they can give us a lifetime warranty on the efficacy of their recipe.

Last edited:

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Reality is not a political wedge. I abhor Fox and the GOP for nurturing a culture of ignorance for so long. Rejecting scientific fact is not a valid political stance.

Now, determining the proper response to scientific fact is a valid political topic. But accepting the reality of climate change cannot continue to be seen as partisan.
All of us ignorant victims of Fox and the GOP appreciate your concern

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Yea! If two things aren't exactly the same that means they are completely unrelated!

Last edited:

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
A brief history of global warming/climate change conversations.

Friend: Climate change!
other friend: let us speak about the cyclic nature of weather over centuries and the questionable data collection and interpretation practices...
friend: (interrupting) Blasphemer! You'll get us all killed if you question any of the data! How can you question this? It's fact! Politicians said so!
other friend: It's been proven that the data was manipulated and covered up. Why would the scientists do that unless...
friend: (interrupting again) You're a denier! Completely ignorant! Where does it say in the scientific method that scrutiny is permissible by dissenting voices???
other friend: :rolleyes: let's just go back to Starbucks for more selfies with your lips pooched out
friend: yay!

Fin

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Maybe it's the land that's sinking.....and the seas are staying at the same level.....

Too much weight in South Florida -- maybe the people need to stop moving there. It's not the rising seas I tell ya, it's the sinking land..... we've gotta put a stop to it.

or eventually it might flip over......if weight can tip over an island -- imagine what it can do to a peninsula...especially if we don't balance out the SE coast with equal weight on the SW coast....it will twist like a corkscrew....God save Disney World (any reason to show this video)

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
A brief history of global warming/climate change conversations.

Friend: Climate change!
other friend: let us speak about the cyclic nature of weather over centuries and the questionable data collection and interpretation practices...
friend: (interrupting) Blasphemer! You'll get us all killed if you question any of the data! How can you question this? It's fact! Politicians said so!
other friend: It's been proven that the data was manipulated and covered up. Why would the scientists do that unless...
friend: (interrupting again) You're a denier! Completely ignorant! Where does it say in the scientific method that scrutiny is permissible by dissenting voices???
other friend: :rolleyes: let's just go back to Starbucks for more selfies with your lips pooched out
friend: yay!

Fin

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
A thread complaining about the weather channel and no one has called anyone a snowflake yet? I'm disappointed.

pcfixup

Suspended
Feb 2, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Abortion. God is mad at us. Also butt stuff. He's really mad about butt stuff.
I was thinking more of overpopulation. This planet is going to get to the point soon where humanity cannot feed itself. We are producing less nutritious food We are overfishing
overfarming and over-comsuming

The bigger problem is that with the rise of the rest there are now 8 billion people who live in dirt, basically, who want to live like the Golden Billion Without a major technical leap forward, this is impossible, and global war will result.

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
I hold judgement on this subject. Have been compelled both directions. I refer myself to the wisdom of Bertrand Russell on the subject. I won't post the quote here since I'm sure that someone might think I'm calling them something bad, which I'm not. Short version, be full of doubt.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.