Best Case Scenario: Bama Wins, Auburn Loses This Saturday

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
This, plus I am still not sold on the SEC getting two teams into CFP.

I don't care what any talking head on the tube says, there will never, ever be two SEC teams in the top four in the final poll until I am proven wrong. That's the entire reason we have a CFP to begin with.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This, plus I am still not sold on the SEC getting two teams into CFP.
I agree. It would take a whole lot of strange circumstances, like 12-1 UGa, a 13-0 Bama, then a 10-3 Clemson, a 10-3 Oklahoma, a 9-3 Notre Dame, etc. That level of weird, before two SEC teams get in.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree. It would take a whole lot of strange circumstances, like 12-1 UGa, a 13-0 Bama, then a 10-3 Clemson, a 10-3 Oklahoma, a 9-3 Notre Dame, etc. That level of weird, before two SEC teams get in.
Something like the year that LSU got into the BCSCG with 2 losses. It will happen eventually.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I want Auburn to lose no matter who they play. If they're playing 10erC I pray for a meteorite to fall from the sky and land on the 50 yard line.
My sentiments exactly. You are a good person Mr. buzzard.:BigA:

I think the idea is to do everything to ensure two teams from same conference (especially the SEC) don't get in. I think some very crazy things would have to transpire for that scenario to even be a consideration for the committee.
I agree with this and at the same time, UGA and Alabama could be two of the best teams. If both are undefeated and play a great game in the SEC Championship one may likely get left out. If both do get in, look for a great deal of angst throughout the P5 world and cries for expanding the playoffs.

Last edited:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Not to sound to old, but Bama winning and auburn losing is always good, in any year at any point in the season :cool:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I will apologize up front to AUDUB, but the perfect season is Bama 12-0 and Barn 0-12 just sayin

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I will apologize up front to AUDUB, but the perfect season is Bama 12-0 and Barn 0-12 just sayin
I want the Barn to lose at football so badly for so long that they give up football and become the first SEC school to only compete in swimming. I mean, the Barn losing a football game 200-0 to Cumberland and Bama winning over Arkansas 14-13 is a pretty good day as far as I'm concerned.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
My sentiments exactly. You are a good person Mr. buzzard.:BigA:

I agree with this and at the same time, UGA and Alabama could be two of the best teams. If both are undefeated and play a great game in the SEC Championship one may likely get left out. If both do get in, look for a great deal of angst throughout the P5 world and cries for expanding the playoffs.
Not only that, the hate for the SEC will be at an all time high!!

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
I want the Barn to lose at football so badly for so long that they give up football and become the first SEC school to only compete in swimming. I mean, the Barn losing a football game 200-0 to Cumberland and Bama winning over Arkansas 14-13 is a pretty good day as far as I'm concerned.

I like the way you think......:wink:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Just like every week, Bama wins and Auburn loses. As long as Bama wins I don’t really care about the rest.

The best thing is if bama wins every week at least we know aubs will lose1 game a year LOL And really that is really the best bama and aubs undefeated in IB and us ruining their year and moving on to the SECCG. This year I think UGA and Bama beat them, now that is sweet as southern tea.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.