Best Case Scenario: Bama Wins, Auburn Loses This Saturday

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
As we all know, IF Alabama defeats Miss St. and Georgia beats Auburn this Saturday, Alabama is guaranteed to head to Atlanta for the SECCG for the 4th straight time.

The Iron Bowl will not be a must win for Bama for the West. Trust me, I want to beat auburn very bad in any given year, but the pressure won't be as high. furthermore, if somehow Bama loses to Auburn , Bama can still have a chance to beat #1 Georgia and most likely be in the Playoffs. This scenario is the best possible insurance Alabama can have closing out the season especially with our banged up defense. We need some cushion.
Once again, I want to beat Auburn and stay undefeated , make no mistake!!

Thoughts??

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I don't care if we lose to the Barn every year if it means we can win the SEC and be in the playoffs. National championships are all that matter...

that being said, they suck and I hope they lose every game

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
It's a good question. Is it better for the team to be in a one game elimination situation against both AU and GA psychologically or not?

Part of me says one game elimination mentality is better for the players for continuity of mindset.

The other part of me says that I want a guarantee as a fan that we see a #1 in the championship game and that the players will ramp up to elimination imminent for GA.

I really don't like AU, so I guess I just hope they lose to GA, ULM, and us. :smile:

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I agree with you.

To add a hypothetical, if Auburn beats UGA, we beat Auburn, then loss to UGA, we would be losing to a lower ranked team in the SEC championship game than if UGA wins out. If UGA is undefeated, less chance we drop out even if we lose. So, a UGA victory may give a slight advantage in both 1 loss scenarios.

Finally, losing can galvanize a team, and I like UGA feeling cocky, and also having the pressure of being #1 instead of being the underdog. Every reason to prefer a UGA victory this week.

Last edited:

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Also, if we played the barn at home, I'd be way less worried about it. But at JHS, we sometimes play tight and I'd be glad to have their crowd out of it.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Weird things happen in Auburn.

Barn DB Gilbert knows he just got beaten, so he says, "Why not just interfere with the receiver? The worst thing that will happen will be first down at the spot of the foul."

Except, there was no interference call because the ball was eventually tipped...
Weird things happen in Auburn.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I can't wait for this to happen and then Saban to go on a rant when a reporters asks him if they can lose the Auburn game and still make the playoffs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.