Dye says Georgia not man enough!

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I wonder if Kirby Smart uses bulletin board material to motivate a team the same way Saban does.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
It's amazing how often a coach who was fired under a black cloud of suspicion at AU has remained in college football discussions for twenty-five years. It's also hard to believe that it has been that long since he was their coach.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Just digging up an old meme (or creating your own new one) doesn't mean he said this again. Where's your link to a credible source that includes a current, direct quote​?

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Just digging up an old meme (or creating your own new one) doesn't mean he said this again. Where's your link to a credible source that includes a current, direct quote​?
Hey just let this go, we all know he did it years ago but it is still funny, and knowing that drunken fool as I do, he would say it again if he gets in front of a microphone. The man has lost what little mind he had years ago to alcohol. To hear him talk today is to hear a rambling old drunk talk crap.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It's amazing how often a coach who was fired under a black cloud of suspicion at AU has remained in college football discussions for twenty-five years. It's also hard to believe that it has been that long since he was their coach.
Uh, he wasn’t fired.

And Auburn had no tradition save Shug Jordan, who was dead, before Dye.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
My impression of Pat Dye talking -- "Mumble, mumble, mumble...inaudible, and uh, but uh, so uh, but uh", and so on and so on.:biggrin:

GboyBama

3rd Team
May 7, 2010
Mobile, AL
I haven't forgotten that dirty trick he pulled on us by dropping that quote and firing Georgia up to beat Shula's best team.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Uh, he wasn’t fired.

And Auburn had no tradition save Shug Jordan, who was dead, before Dye.
So sorry, forced to resign under a black cloud of suspicion. Selma, not everyone has your memory. Correction, no one seems to have your memory. I didn't mention anything about their tradition, but they did have a national title to their credit. He definitely started the "family" feel for the aubies and put some dang good teams on the field in the 80s, though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.