Lot's of good reads in today's RBR Jumbo Package

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Good read thanks, seems we still have some plays we have not seen yet. Good to know we have plays for just about any type of defense we face. I guess we will see how it works this week against MSU. Hopefully it works well and we get out with a good win.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
That's about what I hoped to read. It's just that given those schemes/concepts, I thought we'd have a bit more success against LSU.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That's about what I hoped to read. It's just that given those schemes/concepts, I thought we'd have a bit more success against LSU.
I still can't completely dismiss Saban getting conservative once he realized LSU wasn't going to be much of a threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I still can't completely dismiss Saban getting conservative once he realized LSU wasn't going to be much of a threat.

That's one thing that kind of bugs me about Saban. He seems to get a little too comfortable and too conservative a little too quickly sometimes.

I'd rather we not take our foot off the pedal unless and until we're up by at least four scores with less than 20 minutes to go in the game.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I think you're exactly right. My dad and I were talking about this yesterday. It's one of the very few things he doesn't like about how Saban handles the "flow" of the game sometimes. LSU game is a perfect example. There's no doubt in my mind (and my dad's of course LOL) the moment CNS was comfortable with his thought that they couldn't move the ball on us. The offense geared down to the "Don't lose the game" gear. There were A LOT of plays left in the playbook that I've seen us run this season that weren't even attempted. I think Saban was just as content (once we got a lead) to dial it down and punt.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
What I like about what you guys above me are saying is that Coach Daboll and Coach Saban are on the same page and Coach Daboll isn't trying to pull any crazy stunts on the sideline like Kiffin.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
My pet peeve with Nick is the victory kneel down when we are inside the 10 late in game. I know it is not good sport but when up by 10-15 lets tack on another 7 if you can. Not saying pass it deep when up big. But running it 2 times instead of taking knee 2 times would not be bad. get that red zone offense some more practice punching it in. My opinion is you should try to score every time you get the ball. If up by 20 plus, okay take a knee. But up by 10 or so why kneel 2 time, at least let a back up running back give it one - two shots. Can he get the 5-10 yards when they know it is coming. That is not running it up that is playing to the end, just as he always tells the team to do. Defense is expected to fight to last secomd, why not offense if the game is still fairly close. If we are up by 30 put in full 3rd string and still try to score, those guys need the practice also.

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015

I agree that Saban does seem to go ultra conservative when he feels the defense can control the opposing teams offense.
I actually think there’s a purpose for why he does this. Leading up to the LSU game he repeatedly talked about how Bama had not yet faced adversity during a game so far this season and that all teams needed to face it at some point during the season to see how the players react to it.
My theory is Saban, thinking that LSU’s offense couldn’t score enough points on our defense to win, intentionally geared down our offense to manufacture some adversity so he could evaluate how the players responded to it after the game while watching the film.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My pet peeve with Nick is the victory kneel down when we are inside the 10 late in game. I know it is not good sport but when up by 10-15 lets tack on another 7 if you can. Not saying pass it deep when up big. But running it 2 times instead of taking knee 2 times would not be bad. get that red zone offense some more practice punching it in. My opinion is you should try to score every time you get the ball. If up by 20 plus, okay take a knee. But up by 10 or so why kneel 2 time, at least let a back up running back give it one - two shots. Can he get the 5-10 yards when they know it is coming. That is not running it up that is playing to the end, just as he always tells the team to do. Defense is expected to fight to last secomd, why not offense if the game is still fairly close. If we are up by 30 put in full 3rd string and still try to score, those guys need the practice also.
that's all fine and good until the ball gets stripped and run back for a td

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
I disagree. If the game is locked up take the knee and get out of there with the W. I've never been a fan of running it up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.