Question: Artificial Noise (cowbell) question - rule clarification

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
I was at the game last night in Starkville and the cowbells had no effect on the game. The State fans can no longer ring them when the opponents QB is under center or getting ready to snap the ball in shotgun formation. They can ring it after the play, during timeouts, and basically up to the time the opponents offense gets up to the line of scrimmage. They then can just yell. Their stadium is so open and with a capacity of around 61,000, it is not nowhere as loud as Bryant Denny, Jordan Hare, the Swamp......etc.

http://www.alumni.msstate.edu/s/811...=811&gid=1&pgid=252&cid=2354&ecid=2354&crid=0
Except that they DID ring them the moment the ball was snapped on numerous plays. That’s a flagrant violation of even the revised rule. And to say they had no effect isn’t completely accurate. I’m quite certain it made calls on the field more difficult even in plays where the outcome worked out in the end.

I get that it may not be as loud even with the bells as BDS is without them, but it’s silly that they’re allowed to project themselves as louder by far during gameplay than they really are. And, again, imagine if we did ring bells in BDS. They’d shut that down in a New York minute. I think it would be awesome if we did do that the next time the Bulldogs come to BDS.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Except that they DID ring them the moment the ball was snapped on numerous plays. That’s a flagrant violation of even the revised rule. And to say they had no effect isn’t completely accurate. I’m quite certain it made calls on the field more difficult even in plays where the outcome worked out in the end.

I get that it may not be as loud even with the bells as BDS is without them, but it’s silly that they’re allowed to project themselves as louder by far during gameplay than they really are. And, again, imagine if we did ring bells in BDS. They’d shut that down in a New York minute. I think it would be awesome if we did do that the next time the Bulldogs come to BDS.
Exactly. You could hear them during the play pretty much all night. It’s little league crap and shouldn’t be allowed. Imagine the outrage if we did stupid stuff like this...

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Paint 'em elephant trunk gray ... and just in case you have forgotten that lovely timbre ...
Thats almost as bad as the cow bells, but I agree we show up with 100k of those at BDS and you can bet a slab of Dreamland ribs the next SEC meeting noisemakers would be outlawed. All we need is a rich benefactor give them away before the game like shakers.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.