Paradise Papers offer view into shady practices of StubHub

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
https://www.thestar.com/news/paradi...selling-them-back-to-you-at-huge-profits.html

That partnership amounts to what industry insiders call a bombshell: evidence that the world’s largest ticket-reselling website — which bills itself as a middleman helping fans share tickets — is facilitating mass-market scalping.

“I think if that (partnership) statement is true, that puts a whole different dimension on StubHub’s business model,” says Walker, a leading “tout-” hunter in the U.K. “That’s absolutely disgraceful . . . It very clearly implies a partnership between a tout who we suspect is committing criminal offences working in a partnership with StubHub.”

In August, officials with the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) raided StubHub’s London office and seized records related to the company’s relationships with major ticket touts, the investigation has learned.

No charges have been laid.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
In the U.K., event organizers can cancel tickets they believe have been purchased by scalpers illegally. This amounts to a game of whack-a-mole since cancelled tickets can be placed back up for sale, where they can be scooped up again by scalpers.The result is that fans who purchase the resold tickets that have been cancelled often don’t know they’re worthless until they show up at the venue. Walker says each year he turns away more than 3,000 such victims, many of them celebrating life milestones — anniversaries, graduations, completed cancer treatments.
This is crazy. How in the wold can the average guy know if his ticket was canceled?

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Anyone that’s dealt with Stub Hub realizes it just legalized scalping. It doesn’t take the “paradise papers” to disclose this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Anyone that’s dealt with Stub Hub realizes it just legalized scalping. It doesn’t take the “paradise papers” to disclose this.

How do you suggest people buy tickets to say Alabama football games if you are not a part of that special club then? I truly want to know because I'm not willing to donate all the time but want to buy tickets to these big games that are sold out months in advance.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
How do you suggest people buy tickets to say Alabama football games if you are not a part of that special club then? I truly want to know because I'm not willing to donate all the time but want to buy tickets to these big games that are sold out months in advance.
I get them from people I know. I’ve paid for very few tickets over the years & go to a couple games per year. When I do, I usually can find someone I know who has some for sale. If you ask around you’d be surprised who has tickets for sale that are better seats and much cheaper than you’ll find on Stub Hub.

On Saturday an hour before KO a friend of mine bought a ticket outside the stadium from a licensed seller. Face value said $95 he paid $50 for a decent upper deck seat. I compared it to mine to make sure it wasn’t counterfeit. He got in and enjoyed himself. Stub Hub is the last place I would check.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.