Game Thread: OFFICIAL POST-GAME THREAD - Bama vs. MSU...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Herbstreit had Clemson #1 before this weekend's games. He has been pretty fickle this year.
IRT Kirk I agree. I also understand that the rankings now aren’t strictly by record but when a team has a bad loss (Syracuse) they have to be head and shoulders above another team to be ranked higher IMO. Alabama has a similar resume as Clemson but Alabama’s dominated most of their games where Clemson hasn’t looked good most of their games including today. Alabama hasn’t lost so not sure how anyone could seriously have Clemson over Bama unless they’re using the “who do I think would win if they played” method. That’s a terrible methodology to use which is obvious if you’ve ever watched the shows where the “experts” pick the games each week..

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Why any Bama "fans" would give up on the Tide is beyond me. Seen my fair share of comebacks in my 47 years.
My sentiments exactly, and I’ve seen my fair share in my 45 years. I remember the days where close games like these were the norm.

I can understand getting upset over play calling, and the impartial zebras, but I will never understand giving up on the Tide when there is still time on the clock and even half a chance of pulling out the win. I guess it’s partly because of being spoiled in the recent years of dominating most games, but sometimes I think some folks just started following the Tide within the last 6-7 years, because of how quick they become Chicken Little’s at the first sign of some real challenging adversity.

My heart surly doesn’t like these type games, but a win is a win! ROLL TIDE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I'd been ranting about the possibility a few days back actually. It's not a lot more at this point, the field has really cleared. Notre Dame is out, the Pac-12 is out. That leaves the ACC, the SEC, and the Big 12 with pretty good shots. Here's the key though, the Big 10 really only has one survivor. If Wisconsin loses to Michigan or in the Big 10 championship game (a rather likely scenario) that opens one more slot. A one loss Alabama would be at the top of that list.
Wish that were true, but if Bama does not beat AU, the only wins over teams with a pulse will be LSU and MSU. That’s why it was so important to get to the SECC game. IMO, they will be a lowly regarded 1 loss team because they will not have won their division or Conf and their resume will be very weak, even pathetic. The good thing is that there may not be many one loss teams. But it would have been a tremendous benefit for UGA to have beaten AU. As we see, UGA is not what many thought.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
If Florida chooses to go after an unproven coach instead of Mullen, they're pretty stupid. I'm not saying he's the best candidate there is, but I'd take him over any hot shot coordinator or cupcake conference coach.
Agree.

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida
I was too busy pacing to watch the tv but daaang ive never heard of a pi on a hail mary
1986 versus Ohio State. Derrick Thomas had two pass interference penalties called against him on the last two plays of the game. Ohio State kept getting untimed downs. I nearly had a heart attack. He was a true freshman at the time and I was screaming get that freshman out of the game. Thank goodness they couldn't hear me...what a career... He ended up being my favorite bama player of all time... Walter Lewis is a close second...👍

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm glad, too - but I am concerned that winning this game after playing so poorly may hurt them.
I might would be concerned with that if UGA had won today. They won't overlook AU now.....not after seeing them CRUSH #1. We have 2 weeks to hopefully get some guys healed up a bit and fingers crossed maybe 1-2 guys back from injury.

But the biggest positive is that we took some Haymaker's all night......we NEVER quit. It's the most adversity they've faced in a while.

It's been a long time since we trailed that much in a ball game. They overcame trailing, COWBELLS, the horrible officiating, a Defense holding together with duck tape.....and STILL engineered a 4th Qtr Comeback.

UGA and ND took Haymakers today and wobbled all over the place....lost their mouthpiece and hit the canvas.

I'm dang proud of what they overcame tonight. We just gotta heal up.....somehow....and fast.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Please see my post (attached) from the beginning of the game. As always, the self imposed game thread ban is the absolute best contribution I make to this board.

It sounds like my people were out in force tonight on the thread. Just glad we won. I love my team. Roll tide

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You, and other weak-hearteds like you, who avoid the game threads are very wise and considerate. You can’t help the way you feel, but you can help what you do. So, sincere thanks.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Just saw an interview over on espn.com with Jalen after the game. (don't know how to post it). Jalen said he told the team at halftime, that he was driving the bus, the bus was pulling out, and they could get on or get off. He said the team came with him.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Anyone else going to have a hard time sleeping? My energy level is really high now.

While my husband is snoring next to me. Go figure.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Just saw an interview over on espn.com with Jalen after the game. (don't know how to post it). Jalen said he told the team at halftime, that he was driving the bus, the bus was pulling out, and they could get on or get off. He said the team came with him.
That is a speech from a leader. Love it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.